Fire at the Los Angeles Auto Show!

m-mman

The 1899 Packard engine was saved, made it to the east coast in the 50’s, and built into a car in the 90’s if I remember correctly. I guess that you wouldn’t call it an easy restoration!

I was fascinated by the list of 'dealers' in the program. 

There was only one dealer listed each for Packard and Cadillac. (Don Lee and Earl Anthony) They were distributors I guess and the other makes had franchised dealers(?)  The Pierce Arrow outlet seems like it might have been a factory store. 

Certainly LA was smaller in 1929 but there must have been many more locations to buy your chosen car than shown in the program. If you stopped at the display they likely would have given you a location closer to your home. 

Noll Auto Company in Pasadena was offering Ford in 1929 but by 1956 they were Packard. 

Noll packard.jpg

18 hours ago, Joe in Canada said:

Another big loss of early cars was the fire that destroyed one of Barney Pollards buildings.  I believe it was around 100 pre WW1 cars

Other than hi-jacking a thread, What does this have to do with the original post?

11 hours ago, Joe in Canada said:

Another major loss of over 100 early cars and one of kinds burned in a fire. (similar circumstances) Even though I had 1 positive reaction of the post I deleted it for you so there is no further issues. I also took out the Blue Train photo as it was also not in the particular incident. Apologies to the original poster and to every one else and I will leave as life is too short.

The connection was clear to me Joe.