Joe Block

Winter meet 2019 Ocala

10 hours ago, Robert Street said:

Great thanks for you and Joel being there

Robert

I'm sorry I never got to see you Saturday :( My knees were really not in good shape and I was Chassis judge lol  

Benefits of AACA Membership.

Robert, Marion & I are sorry to hear about your tire problems on your return trip, but happy--as 61Polara said--that you weren't hurt, nor your car or truck.  After speaking with you in Ocala, we knew about your problems on the way down, but didn't know about the two blowouts on the way home.  (We've been tied up working on getting out our newsletter and just got around to checking the Forum.)  

I'm surprised to hear about the problems with the Goodyear Marathons.  Everything I've read over the last year said these are now made in the United States and are tires to buy, even if a bit expensive.  Because yours were 4 years old, maybe the newer ones are better quality.  (Or maybe all trailer tires are problematic.)

Again, we're glad you're okay.  We look forward to seeing you in Charlotte (and wish you a better trip).

No Mark, the Marathons used to be made in America but Goodyear started having them made in China about 4 or 5 years ago. A couple of years ago they introduced the Goodyear Endurance tire, it is made in America.  I have a set on one of my trailers and so far they have been good 

Thanks to my Judging Team in Ocala--John, John (Jack), Edward (Ned), and Louis (Lou).  You guys were great!  I look forward to serving with you again at future AACA National!

To those who didn't make it to the 2019 Winter National, there were some great cars there.  The owners should be proud!  

Marion's Judging Team - Ocala FL - 23 Feb 2019.jpg