Sign in to follow this  
Jim Nelson

Wanted ‘38’ Buick

Wanted a ‘1938’ series 41 Buick.   Very good condition.   Very good interior and good paint.   Good oil pressure and working gages.   

This one looks pretty good. Corot Beige. I had one this color, striking, great color if you live down a dirt road: https://asheville.craigslist.org/cto/d/1938-buick-special-nice/6741608147.html

Ebay car looks good, too, repaint in something like original Buick dark blue. Looks like wiring has been patched, may need attention, but relatively rare and beautiful body style.

funny thing with the slants and humpbacks............ you usually like one and not the other, but both are popular.

oil pressure will not be good or last long unless during overhaul or for some other reason they didn't change the oil pump and install a 1941-53 style oil pump with the larger gears.

Although I am more of an Oldsmobile, Cadillac and Packard guy, the 38 Buick had by far, the most beautiful looking front end of all 38 model cars with the 38 Cadillac 60 Special a close second. Although it's not for sale, here is a photo of my 38 Buick opera coupe. I recall riding in the jump seats in this car as a kid. Have not had this one out in a long time but it's dry and held up very well over time. I try to keep up on the cars in this area, a wipe down now and then, air in the tires, ect and the overhead skylights help keep away dampness and mildew. This part of the building was closed off and walled in years ago so getting the car out is not possible anymore. If you walk down those dark hallways behind the Buick, you will come across three more 38 Buicks, a Century convertible coupe, a convertible sedan and a huge Buick 90 Limited. I can't get any of those cars out anymore but I'll climb back there and take some photos for fun. It's pittyful.

771-7150_IMG.thumb.JPG.27977a2f027ce5105bc56b6dce6877eb.JPG

Edited by RICHELIEUMOTORCAR (see edit history)