Unread content search missing some threads

auburnseeker

Does anyone else notice that when you search by unread content (a great way to help speed up checking all the recent posts) that some don't get picked up?  I've noticed stuff for sale that was never picked up that I only found a day or two later.  Same goes for a few of my own threads with responses I only found when i went in later the regular way to add something to them.  

Problems with the 'unread content' function are often due to misconfiguration, although I don't claim that is the case with your issue. 

This function is basically a customizable search, based on parameters you can select. And, in my experience with my IP.Board forum, the parameters can sometimes get changed without intent.

Here is the parameter selection panel that appears at the top of the screen when you click on 'unread content."

parameters.jpg

There are some subtleties involved in your choices here and it will be worth your time to carefully consider the options that show up in this panel.

I find that the most useful option for me is to view 'time period: since my last visit."

I set it to that.  I'll see how that works.  On the show me it has items only checked.  I tried to change that to the other option but it wouldn't let me.  I'll see how it goes.  Seems if it is set the way you show it above (probably the default)  it should pick up everything.  Just curious if there was a way to change it to make sure it does.  I hate missing something I might have been interested in that just got skipped over.  Though I do like this feature in general as there are just too many subforums to check every day as i'm interested in everything.

Thanks for your help. 

• Like 1