Seatbelts for 1965 Riviera, (Saddle)

psychostang

• 4 weeks later...

Andrew, I'm not sure of the year these are for but the retractors, hardware, buckles etc are all here and in good shape.  You might want to buy new belt fabric depending on your vehicle color, but that isn't a problem.  Let me know if you're interested, or if you want more pictures.  

Thanks,

Anne  

seatbelt parts 2.jpg

Andrew, I understand completely.  What do the original '65 buckles look like?

You might check with this outfit if you can't find them somewhere else.  I've done business with him, he's easy to work with.    

http://www.cmwauto.com/MainMenu/InteriorMenu/Seatbelts/seatbelts.htm

Edited by southpaw52
add info on retailer (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

The retractor assembly is common to all Buick models for '65. As are the chrome buckle assembly. The Riviera used the same seat belt assemblies as a Skylark with the exception that the Riviera retractor sat on a special stamped steel adaptor to fit the inside door sill shape of the Riviera. It also had a separate plastic cover for that adaptor piece. 

The plastic cover for the retractor is re- popped in black only. All the chrome hardware pieces are also re-popped. So the difficult part to come up with would be the special adaptor plate and the plastic cover for it.

Snake oil can re-web the hardware in almost any color, but be prepared with a nitro pill for the cost. lol

You might have luck trying Bob Wambach. I got a set from him about a year ago.  He sells on eBay as bm455. His phone is 414-405-8020 

Loren

Edited by Loren@65GS.com
added information (see edit history)

3 hours ago, psychostang said:

Loren.  Thanks for the infor for Bob.  You would think that with over 34k Rivieras made for 1965, that there would be a decent amount of complete seatbelt assemblies around.  It is that extra bracket and cover, that makes it difficult to find a complete set.

Hi Andrew,

I still have my eye out for the bits to complete a nice set for you...but so far nothing nice enough has surfaced.

Tom Mooney