Unknown 3 window coupe

adam1982

1 minute ago, Spinneyhill said:

Look at what @Stooge is doing to a basket case to restore it. If someone can make a heap out of something, surely they can make a nice original car out of it too.

But he is not bgoing back to "correct", I believe.  

Ben

1 minute ago, Spinneyhill said:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ben Bruce aka First Born said:

But he is not bgoing back to "correct", I believe.  

Ben

Back to "correct'ish" 🙃 with a few liberties taken, mostly concerning the interior as it will be fairly bare bones for the time being mostly due to budget,  but stock suspension, steering, transmission, keeping it 6volt, stock trim moldings with the exception of the running boards as they are homemade,  a yr off ,('38 rather than '37) on the correct split bench front seats,  and correct engine, (320 straight8)but again wrong yr as it is what i could find within my realm of possibilities and budget.  i am deviating on the air/fuel, (going multicarb) and exhaust but i was also missing everything. For what its worth, i absolutely hate rat rods, (in the sense of throwing trash parts, rebar grilles, skulls, cheesy mustang II ifs, etc,  and generally trying to make a car look sh*tty on purpose), but admittedly am as much of a fan of traditional and tasteful period correct hot rods, as i am of correct restorations. My century coupe was really close to a minitruck chassis, air suspension and a  LS before i bought it, (as in so close that the seller was trying to throw in a donor chevy colorado truck with it that he had bought for it when i picked it up) so it can only go up from what it almost was! 😃

Edited by Stooge (see edit history)
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Stooge said:

For what its worth, i absolutely hate rat rods, (in the sense of throwing trash parts, rebar grilles, skulls, cheesy mustang II ifs, etc,  and generally trying to make a car look sh*tty on purpose),

But would you tell that to the guy that got parked next to you?

I  doubt very many are using cheese in their suspensions, or trash parts unless they still function. And  S**t may be appealing to some.

You gotta remember that there are many facets to this hobby and some of us just want to be involved and are dictated by what we know and can afford.

I say this well knowing that this is a the AACA site but we have been over this many times.

To each his own, this fun stuff !!

27 minutes ago, JACK M said:

But would you tell that to the guy that got parked next to you?

I  doubt very many are using cheese in their suspensions, or trash parts unless they still function. And  S**t may be appealing to some.

You gotta remember that there are many facets to this hobby and some of us just want to be involved and are dictated by what we know and can afford.

I say this well knowing that this is a the AACA site but we have been over this many times.

To each his own, this fun stuff !!

Yup, i agree, people can do whatever they want with their cars, but not everyone has to like or appreciate it. I have a great appreciation for restorations, and tasteful, period correct hot rods and customs, and i have only ever built cars on a budget, as hot rods, customs and correct'ish stock cars. They take longer and you have to get a little clever and creative, maybe safely adapt nonstandard parts, but thats what makes it worth it. Thats also what makes me have very little appreciation for seeing someone weld up the worm gear on an adjustable wrench and use it as an engine mount, weld chain links together to make link bars, take a handful of trinkets from a swap meet table and sprinkle them all over the car and finish it off with some combination wrench door handles for their doors that proudly have giant rusty holes in them. I have seen alot of tacky, lazy built cars at custom shows, and alot that are downright dangerous and shouldnt be on the road, and im sure the owners love them that way, but i dont want to build a car that way.