SDLARS

'30 sill plates

I haven't found any Pontiac specific sill plates.  Mine are a mess. LOOKS like Chevy might fit but haven't checked it out yet and the ones The Filling Station lists are stamped with a Chevrolet logo.  Anyone know of any reproductions around? 

Hi Guys,

I picked up a door sills catalogue at Hershey which lists sills for a 1930 4 dr. Custom Sedan. I don't have the gentleman's name but here is his contact info.

Phone- 973-423-1196 and Email- doorsills@gmail.com.  He is out of New Jersey and does a brisk business at Hershey. Impressive catalogue listings of all years and makes.

Hope this helps- Dave

• Like 1

I took my old sills for my 1948 Pontiac to Don to use as a template. Luckily I live about an hours drive from his place. When I pulled up in front of the shop I thought I had the wrong address. It was a small shop and very nondescript in the neighborhood. When I saw some of the sills he had done I knew I had come to the right place. He took time to explain to me exactly what his process was. I didn't understand all he told me but my sills came out looking perfect. I was amazed he could match the exact pattern and etchings of the originals. Fantastic work by a true craftsman.

• Like 1