Where do you get parts

There's a current topic talking about rare parts. There's always rare parts to find on just about any restoration project. There's also common parts that fit multable car/trucks and multable years. I was just wondering where's your go to places places for common parts. I'm currently restoring a 1928 Gramm chassis fire truck that is somewhat rare, but may use common parts. Thanks for your input. 

Being the owner of several orphan cars, I would offer the following advice:

1)  If there is a club for your marque, join it.  That is the best link to experts that have such knowledge in their heads.  (For example, that's how I learned that the ignition parts from a 1950 Chevy will fit a 1930 Franklin.)

2)  Find interchange manuals pertinent to your year.  They are often available on eBay.

3)  If your town still has a NAPA or similar store with some old-timers working there, they may be able to help you match up parts by sight.  Unfortunately, experts such as these are much less common than 20 years ago. 

4)  Consult the vendors who specialize in various parts:  Olcar Bearings comes to mind; also Olson's Gaskets, and Tom van Meeteren for ignition parts.  These are just a few examples.  Many advertise in Hemmings.

Just some thoughts from my own experience.  Good luck!

Andrew