Sign in to follow this  
Rockne33DLXRoadster

VINs Tags stamped or engraved ?

Gentlemen,

my 33 Rockne misses the VIN plate on frame. I bought a repro and have a very bad original also, but of course with wrong ### on it.

When i see  pictures of Studebaker VIN plates in Web, it seams the numbers are engraved, not stamped? Are i am right? 

Since i own a CNC Router and can do all the digitizing of the numbers by myself, it would be a easy Job to engrave the repro plate i have.

Please can take someone the exact height of Number "1" as reference?

Thank you in advance

Joe

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Rockne33DLXRoadster (see edit history)

I  BOUGHT  ONE  OF  THOSE  EXPENSIVE  REPRO  ROCKNE  PLATES  FROM  E BAY.   VERY  NICE!  PROBABLY  BETTER  THAN  ORIGINAL  IF  THAT  CAN  BE  SAID.  HE  ALSO (FOR A FEE)  CAN  STAMP  YOUR  NUMBER  IN  AN  ALMOST  DUPLICATE  FORMAT.                DB. 

• Like 1

Get the blue print from the museum.  It shows the number size and style.  It is etched not stamped. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, DAVID BABCOCK said:

I  BOUGHT  ONE  OF  THOSE  EXPENSIVE  REPRO  ROCKNE  PLATES  FROM  E BAY.   VERY  NICE!  PROBABLY  BETTER  THAN  ORIGINAL  IF  THAT  CAN  BE  SAID.  HE  ALSO (FOR A FEE)  CAN  STAMP  YOUR  NUMBER  IN  AN  ALMOST  DUPLICATE  FORMAT.                DB. 

David, i ordered it stamped but they forgot to do, now the plate is plain in germany....

Edited by Rockne33DLXRoadster (see edit history)