56 rims, hubcaps, n options questions!

StylishOne

I'm thinking about painting my rims. First my rims looked different from some others I've seen. 1)Does anyone have a pic of correct rims? 2) there are no optional hubcaps, correct? 3) Rims were either black, or body colored, but optionally seminole red??

Were wire wheels really listed as an option in 56?

Love to see the dealer option pages, if someone has salesman Data book and can copy the page? ..

*Unrelated question, for you car brainiacs..

Trying to think back to what car offered power trunk release first?? I think Lincoln offered power door locks in 57 , right? But couldn't think of trunk lock.. 59? 

Your answers???

Yes, in ‘56 wheels could be black, body colored, or Seminole Red. 

Baby moons were standard, with full wheelcovers optional. The clips for the small covers are left off of the wheels for the large covers, but they were the same wheel. 

No spokes in ‘56. Some dealers still put them on for customers who wanted them, though. 

I apparently have 2 types of wheels on my car. As you can see one has a rounded slot near the edge, the other black ones the indentations for clips that look original.

Additionally, my model 72 has color 731 interior which isn't on the color choice list. As a late 56 in the late 56 color Bittersweet, another interior color was added from the 4 Dr htp list. Black and Ivory, see pics.

Does anyone have a proper side view mirror and placement pics? Appreciate seeing correct ones n where they go.

Screenshot_20181125-045511_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20181125-045625_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20181108-135705_Drive.jpg

On 11/25/2018 at 4:11 AM, StylishOne said:

Additionally, my model 72 has color 731 interior which isn't on the color choice list. As a late 56 in the late 56 color Bittersweet, another interior color was added from the 4 Dr htp list. Black and Ivory, see pics.

Yep, my grandpa bought a new bittersweet Special in 1956.  It was a "spring" color so it doesn't appear on the earlier literature.

Also note that it does not specify any limits to the tri-tone paint.  You could get any goof-ball combo that you wanted.  Not that a dealer would intentionally get something strange and hard to sell, but some customers occasionally would!

On 11/24/2018 at 7:40 PM, StylishOne said:

I'm thinking about painting my rims. First my rims looked different from some others I've seen. 1)Does anyone have a pic of correct rims? 2) there are no optional hubcaps, correct? 3) Rims were either black, or body colored, but optionally seminole red

Are you painting the rest of the WHEEL the same color as the rims?

Ben