1934 Thun/Simo Packard

Sleepyfir

Does anyone know the present status of the 1934 Packard originally built for Ferdinand Thun and restored by Andy Simo? It was featured in “The Classic Car” 2004 Number 3. I recently helped edit a book about the history of the Thun manufacturing businesses and the car and its picture were included in the book.  Mr. Thun’s grandson is now trying to locate the car for sentimental reasons. I did some research on line and apparently Mr. Simo passed away last year. Any clues?image.png.601f292edd0c3d77bba3dfb68478e001.png

2 hours ago, Owen_Dyneto said:

I don't know, I've always thought it was published for use by members only.  I see the owners of the 1101 Glaser are also members of the CCCA and listed in that directory as well.  I'll send the owner an email and see if he is agreeable to my passing his info to you.

Just reverse the process and pass sleepfir's contact info to the current owner.

No, Andy Simo had it restored in 1997 or 1998 and owned it at the time of that meet. We do not know who owned it between when Mr. Thun sold it and when it was restored. Mr. Thun died in 1949 and we assume it was sold around that time but not sure. If anyone is interested in the history of Mr. Thun and his industrial empire, the book we published earlier this year is available on Amazon. The title is "Good Morning Thun - Good Morning Janssen".