R W Burgess

Former First Lady, Carol Barlup

It is with much sadness that I have to report that AACA Board Member, Don Barlup's wife, Carol, has passed away. Our sympathy goes out to Don and the family. Don and Carol were just on the Sentimental Tour in Mississippi with us supporting our hobby as always. Please keep the Barlup family in your prayers.

Wayne

Don and Carol Barlup.jpg

Very sad. I just spoke to Don the day prior to her passing. They were married 51 years and they both shared their love of family and the car hobby. It was only 4 weeks ago that they hosted a region tour up in their beloved Perry County. Carol was a recent well-deserved receipt of the 2017Gettysburg Regions service award. We all know how much Don as done for the hobby through the many clubs and organizations they belonged to, but rest assured Carol was there every step of the way including serving as first lady of both AACA National and the Gettysburg Region. Thoughts and prayers go out to the entire family.

• Like 5

Shared from Historic Fredericksburg Region AACA.

"Passing of Former AACA First Lady Carol Barlup. We regret to inform you that former AACA First Lady Carol Barlup passed away this morning (Tuesday, 20 November) in Hershey, PA. Carol was recently diagnosed with cancer. The disease spread rapidly and she entered hospice care at the Hershey Medical Center in the past few days. Carol was a dedicated member of the AACA, serving as Registration Chair for a number of national meets, working Judging Administration, and helping out the club in a variety of ways anywhere and anytime she could. Carol & Don served as First Lady and President of the AACA in 2015. Anyone who ever met Carol knows we lost a kind, considerate, friendly and intelligent woman. She'll be missed greatly. Please remember Carol and Don in your thoughts and prayer.

Services for Carol will be this coming Monday at Grace Lutheran Church, 1610 Carlisle Rd. Camp Hill, Pa 17011. (Visitation will be at 10:00 AM with the service at 11:00 AM.)"

Carol will be missed greatly by her family and her AACA family.  The special thing I know about Carol is that she was not just supportive of Don in his hobby and advocation of AACA she was a part of it with him and active in her own right.  Carol was a valued member of Judges Administration for many years.  I always enjoyed discussing her thoughts on Don's latest car acquisition with her.  My thoughts and prayers are with Don and his family.

• Like 2

The funeral was today and it was filled with Region members, AACA members and a great representation from our Board of Directors with many coming from quite a distance including Wisconsin. The church was filled with family and friends as well. That tells you how well liked Carol was.  She will be missed by so many.

Anyone who ever met Carol knows we lost a kind, considerate, friendly and intelligent woman.  She'll be missed greatly.  She and Don are in our thoughts and prayers.

• Like 1

Susan and I were able to be there for a wonderful service and testimony to an extraordinary First Lady of AACA.  She was  wonderful person and a true supporter of AACA and Don's passion with the car hobby.  It's a blessing to have known and toured with her and Don.  She will be missed.

Terry

• Like 1