D-45 ROLLER LIFTER ASSEMBLIES

Terry Wiegand

Here is a deal that may be hard to pass by.  The lifters in the photo are what came out of the engine in my 1916 D-45.  There are still two left in the crankcase that the starter/generator unit is blocking from removal.  One of them had to be sacrificed when I made the new set several years ago.  Here is the deal of the day - I will GIVE these to whoever wants them.  All I ask is that you pay the postage to get them to you.  There are 11 of them and I am being upfront in saying that they have wear in them.  The rollers appear to be pretty decent.  Other than that I cannot say anything else.  If no one speaks up they will go into my scrap metal box.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

PB200326.JPG

Here is a photo of the new lifter parts that I made for the engine.  I spent the better part of one whole Summer machining the individual parts.  I am not a CNC person, so each piece was single point machined.  The appropriate pieces were heat treated and then finish ground.  I did have some help with the heat treating and grinding.  I am very pleased with the end result and these parts will last a lifetime.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

PB200328.JPG

• Like 3