lancemb

Yet another 57 Roadmaster

6 hours ago, Our67Rivi said:

Hello Lance,

I have been following this thread from the beginning, missed that you had put it on ebay.

Is the '57 still available? If so please PM me with your contact information as I would like

to discuss it with you,

Thanks,

Rich Kahnberg  BCA# 45757

Hi Rich, PM sent.

I'm starting to feel like I should only buy old Buicks that Lance owned first.

It is always a treat to watch the meticulous care put into getting these cars back in good order.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, High Desert said:

It is always a treat to watch the meticulous care put into getting these cars back in good order.

Lance indeed is the type of car owner one does well to buy a car from!

Dad taught me early in life that he would buy a Buick or Oldsmobile from an older gentleman in a heart beat even if it had 60,000 to 70,000 miles on it because he knew that man would have taken care of his car and he could drive it with confidence.

Not that Lance is old (LOL), it's just that in this hobby most true Buick guys are indeed dedicated to bring cars back up to their factory standards for the love of the marque.

Lance is one of those guys.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, High Desert said:

Well thank you!  I will likely not be going through then selling any in the near future though.  I am confident your 76C will be in good order soon enough!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, dei said:

Lance indeed is the type of car owner one does well to buy a 

Not that Lance is old (LOL), it's just that in this hobby most true Buick guys are indeed dedicated to bring cars back up to their factory standards for the love of the marque.

Lance is one of those guys.

Thanks Doug!  The car will be going to a new owner soon.  I've fulfilled my "Buick duty" to resurrect the car and stay true to it's originality, but there are still a number of minor items for the new owner to tinker with.  This was most certainly not a money-making venture for me, but I saved a beautiful 57 that has a new lease on life, and I am satisfied with that!  I am sure the new owner will be glad to see it when it rolls off the trailer.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, lancemb said:

Well thank you!  I will likely not be going through then selling any in the near future though.  I am confident your 76C will be in good order soon enough!

True, but my teenage children are already arguing over which one eventually gets the car. Wouldn't it just be easier if I had one for each?

It is good to know another Lance-brand 57 Roadmaster will have a home with someone who appreciates it. Thanks for the inspiration!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, High Desert said:

True, but my teenage children are already arguing over which one eventually gets the car. Wouldn't it just be easier if I had one for each?

That's good to hear but isn't it even more special to know it has history in the family?

My issue is sort of the opposite, two sons and three cars... 

All the best for getting her on the road again.

• Haha 1