1941 Chrysler Royale Coupe WANTED

34studepres

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
1 hour ago, alsancle said:

Something doesn't seem right.  That is a horrible auction and description.  Makes me think the pictures were pilfered.

AND....no interior shots or engine shots. You may be right.

• Like 1

Was the Maroon for the interior? That's the way I took it. 

I agree crappy ebay ad,  but then again,  many are.  That's how I make my money,  buying poorly listed stuff and relisting it properly. 

"Isn't the grey 3 window coupe a 42 Chrysler ?"

In my gutt I was thinking that but then thought yeah that's right they had hidden headlights,  but now that you mention it and I gave it a second thought,  that was Desoto's deal in 42 not Chrysler. 

Probably wth all the errors it's a scam.  

Edited by auburnseeker (see edit history)

7 hours ago, auburnseeker said:

Was the Maroon for the interior? That's the way I took it. 

The fraudulent Ebay listing says, "Maroon    Tan interior."

The original dealer's ad conveys the same information.

And obviously, it's a gray car.

Thanks to Olds Fan for digging up the original listing!

• Like 1

Mopars of 46-48 Vintage had Maroon interiors with tan colored cloth inserts.  That's what I figured they meant. 

If you think everyone fills out all those blocks correctly try looking for a brand new stick Tacoma pickup and see how many of the lazy dealers check the wrong boxes,  leave them blank entirely and show file photos of the entirely wrong model.  I just figured it was laziness on the sellers part.  You know how many ads on Facebook for say a 46 Ford car or even 32 Ford car,  say F150 for the model?  I just listed my 40 Ford on there.  First car I ever did and realize how lazy people are with tiny descriptions,  if you want to call them that and 1 or 2 photos.  I think they allow 20 or more.   Lots of Listings on ebay contain incorrect or are missing alot of information. Just look at the ads on here.  No location,  no price.  1 picture and something like call Bob for the entire description. LOL

I've seen that 42 Chrysler for sale before and it was priced in the 70 to 80K price range I think.  The interior plastics are incredible!  So you are looking for just a 1941 model?  If I may ask, why do you like that year?  Marc.

Edited by marcapra (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...