1965 Riviera on Hallmark Channel

JZRIV

Wife watches Hallmark channel a lot and I admit I watch it too once in awhile. She called me to the TV last night when she was watching a movie called "A Godwink Christmas" there were several scenes of a 65 Riv. Typically they don't show the cars much but clearly there was intent by the producers to make sure they highlighted this car and in one shot they even showed the clamshells working! The car was black and had wide whitewalls on it and all shots were in snow scenes. Not a fan of wide whites on any Riv but they didn't look too bad here. The portrayed owner (actor) in movie of car stated (when the woman commented how nice car was) said it was inherited from his grandfather which at least offered some hypothetical reason for the wide whites.:rolleyes:

Someone connected to production of these Hallmark movies has good taste in vehicles for props. In recent past, besides the Riv we have seen a late 30s Indian Chief, A 47 Indian Chief, and 78 ford Truck which are all top favorites of both wife and I.

• Like 5

I think it is a Hollywood thing. Sometimes I drive my cars on the snow for a number of reasons. But not like Hollywood actors, they tend to move in slow motion a lot more than I do. Driving in snow requires a certain amount of briskness that I don't see on TV. And that is how they probably got it stuck.

My Wife watches those home fix up and flip shows. I see a lot of people in those shows marching into houses in slow motion with sledge hammers doing really lame stuff, but always the slow motion. A sure way to get stuck in snow.

n0002.thumb.JPG.7e14e434d7683ef1ef51970197eb6f0d.JPG

On the topic of movies, another predictable scene is where a movie ends with someone climbing somewhere, the top of a building, climbing a hill, or the most famous scene climbing on top of a railroad tanker that blows up. I watch movies with my Wife and often say "Oh, they are climbing, must be the end of the movie." Usually is.

I tell her that back in the early days of the movies a lot of directors were European and didn't speak English well. Someone told them a story must have a climax. They heard "Climb, Max" and ever since ended movies with the final climb. If you think I am kidding just watch a few movies. You'll see how predictable it is.

I hope I didn't spoil any future movies or TV dramas for you.

Bernie

• Haha 1

Have you guys seen the TV serie "ICE"? There you will see from time to time a very nice 65 GS Riv. The serie itself is not bad nether... (I'm waiting impatiently for the next season! 😉)
On the official trailer from 2016 you can see her very quick at 0:52 and 1:05 (but isn't on the new trailer from 2018).

• Like 1

21 hours ago, 60FlatTop said:

I tell her that back in the early days of the movies a lot of directors were European and didn't speak English well. Someone told them a story must have a climax. They heard "Climb, Max" and ever since ended movies with the final climb. If you think I am kidding just watch a few movies. You'll see how predictable it is.

😂This is probably the reason why "Mission Impossible 2" started with the end! LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0KzvD-0rx0

I watched an episode of Bitchin' Rides last night and there were a couple of quick shots of two RIvieras.  Dave and his crew were hosting the start of a Power Tour and there were a ton of cars gathered outside his shop.  In the gathering were a white '65 and a silver/black two toned 66 or 67.  Nothing more than passing views.

• Like 3

I am sure this has been mentioned before, but the Internet Movie Car Database website has a pretty comprehensive list of TV shows and movies that have had Riviera's in them:

https://www.imcdb.org/vehicles_make-Buick_model-Riviera.html

While this is not a 100% complete list of Riviera's in motion pictures, it does contain 22 pages of listings!

That's enough choices to easily waste a couple of hours clicking through! :blink:

21 hours ago, RivNut said:

I watched an episode of Bitchin' Rides last night and there were a couple of quick shots of two RIvieras.  Dave and his crew were hosting the start of a Power Tour and there were a ton of cars gathered outside his shop.  In the gathering were a white '65 and a silver/black two toned 66 or 67.  Nothing more than passing views.

The white 65 was Charlie’s that has the LS and full frame under it. There is a discussion about it on here. Not for the purist. Came out great. This was it’s maiden voyage.

On 11/19/2018 at 9:56 AM, JZRIV said:

Wife watches Hallmark channel a lot and I admit I watch it too once in awhile.

Sorry, it would take more than a passing glimpse at a '65 for me to endure the sappy, cliche' story line and godawful background 'music'...  :wacko: