Dodge Brothers Special Touring and Sports Touring difderences

Nuno

Hello,

I would like to know all the differences between the Dodge Brothers Special Touring and Sports Touring. Mine is from 1926.

I found this description of a 1927 catalog provided by the Dodge Brothers Club, which helped me a lot. But I would like to find as much information as possible.

Thanks

1B98B017-5B03-4FD9-BA52-025F49011947.jpeg

The differences are likely negligible, perhaps just the cowl lights, chromed stanchions and paint scheme. In that era for some makes, "Specials" typically had a few accessories like ash trays, factory installed bumpers, upgraded upholstery (leather versus leatherette), etc. Chevrolet in 1931 had 9 body styles, Roadster, 3W Coupe, 5W Coupe, 5 Passenger Coupe, 2dr Sedan, 4dr Sedan, Convertible Cabriolet, Landau Phaeton (4dr) and Convertible Landau Phaeton (2dr). While all 9 body types had a "Standard" model, some were also available in Sport, De Luxe and Special form, resulting in 20 different possible orders from the factory. For example, the Standard 5W Coupe was $545 and another $15 would bump it to the Deluxe 5W Coupe with twin sidemounts and cowl lamps. A $30 bump bought the Sport model with Rumble Seat, and finally for $585 you got the De Luxe Sport 5W Coupe, with all the bells and whistles, rumble seat, sidemounts, cowl lamps etc. So $40 extra got you bragging rights.

• Like 1

Click on this link, you should be able to see it, and magnify (zoom in to make it larger) and you can also see what book it was taken from.

https://books.google.com/books?id=uAojAQAAMAAJ&dq=1926 dodge brothers special touring&pg=PA470#v=onepage&q=1926 dodge brothers special touring&f=true

1744277203_DodgeSpecialTouring.JPG.8f6e10a2b836cd984d230b8bdcdaa101.JPG

Dodge Special Touring.JPG

Edited by mike6024 (see edit history)

On 11/20/2018 at 12:23 AM, mike6024 said:

Click on this link, you should be able to see it, and magnify (zoom in to make it larger) and you can also see what book it was taken from.

https://books.google.com/books?id=uAojAQAAMAAJ&dq=1926 dodge brothers special touring&pg=PA470#v=onepage&q=1926 dodge brothers special touring&f=true

1744277203_DodgeSpecialTouring.JPG.8f6e10a2b836cd984d230b8bdcdaa101.JPG

Thank you very much. This document was very useful to identify the model of my Dodge Brothers.

It corresponds exactly to the description of the Special Touring.

Dodge Special Touring.JPG

Edited by Nuno (see edit history)