So I am tossing around the idea of buying/looking for a dual quad set up for my 64 riviera. Just curious as to a rough estimate as to cost? On the complete set up's? 

Last Wednesday a set, minus air cleaner and distributor, sold on eBay for $4,200. Is that rough enough for you? 😎

$4200 Seems nuts to me. Theres a set on ebay right now starting at $2700 and buy it now for $4200. Although it didn't sell the 1st time.

I get how complete and condition factors in price. I can rebuild the carbs etc.

I know someone local who has a partial set up. Its for a 65. Comes with front carb (no tee fitting) , intake and air cleaner. Price seems very low compared to the $4200

Dave I will get in touch with you if I decide to purchase the partial kit.

On another note has anyone ever used an eelco dual quad manifold? If so how do they perform and any hood clearance issues?

Thanks

I went thru a bunch of sets before getting all the pieces needed.  Some are repopped now.  Finding correct carbs and intake for your year, factory intake, carbs and kickdown are different 64-65/66. Separately,  Intakes have been $600 - $800ish lately, a set of restored carbs $1k ish maybe more.  You can get repopped linkage and probably the kickdown bracket and fuel lines.  If you have air and want the valve covers the mounting bracket is different also.  Air cleaners $500-$1500  depending on condition.  The trans vacuum lines is different too. 

Really depends on how original you want to be.

With the Edelbrock B4B OR the Ellco (which is patterned from the Edelbrock B4B) the carb spacing is WIDER so the stock air cleaner has to be modified.

Thanks riv2x4. I have seen units all over the place price wise. As far as original set up. Well the way I look at it my car didn't come originally with 1 . So an eelco or factory set up is fine with me . Just trying to price the different set ups and look my options.

30 minutes ago, demon452 said:

Thanks riv2x4. I have seen units all over the place price wise. As far as original set up. Well the way I look at it my car didn't come originally with 1 . So an eelco or factory set up is fine with me . Just trying to price the different set ups and look my options.

If you are going to put it on a Riv, I would stay factory, or at least factory intake just for the nice packaging and it will increase the cars value.  

7 hours ago, demon452 said:

$4200 Seems nuts to me. Theres a set on ebay right now starting at $2700 and buy it now for $4200. Although it didn't sell the 1st time.

I get how complete and condition factors in price. I can rebuild the carbs etc.

I know someone local who has a partial set up. Its for a 65. Comes with front carb (no tee fitting) , intake and air cleaner. Price seems very low compared to the $4200

Dave I will get in touch with you if I decide to purchase the partial kit.

Nuts is 25k for an original dual carb setup for Z28.  I have seen Weber set-ups for 7k.  I just saw a beautiful carbon fiber intake for a new LS7 for $5500. $4200 is cheap for what you get.

Has anyone used an Offenhauser dual quad manifold?  Any issues, comments, etc?  

I have the dual quad set up, but need the AC bracket for alum valve covers.  Is the distributor different, or is it set up differently in terms of advance curve?

Edited by Zimm63 (see edit history)

This is copied and pasted from the website of Russ Martin.  Russ's whole business in Buick Nailhead engines.

The Offy intakes that are made for the nailhead are VERY restrictive, (all 3x2 and 2x4 Offy intakes) if you use one without our repair service you will lose about 50hp over a stock 4 barrel! We spent many hours on a flow bench to figure out how to fix these. There are 4 restrictions that must be opened up.. The top two are easy. The other two are inside the intake requiring small holes to bored on each end to get a tool inside and open up the other two passages. In stock form one front cylinder and one rear only flow about 90 cfm each, two others flow 120 and the remaining 4 flow at 165 cfm .. When we are done with your intake all cylinders will be more balanced with ports flowing from 160 cfm to 175 cfm ..  There will be a 3 week turn around time and it will be hard to see where we made holes for the repairs..The cost is 200.00 plus shipping.

The 64/65 dual quad distributor is different.  It is set up for 12 degrees of advance instead of the 5 in the single four barrel motor. The distributor for a '63 engine is the same as the dual quad engine. 

Here are some parts that might work:

Intake 1370316 B, L17
Carbs 3646S, AK3
3645SB, M4C
Carbs were rebuilt years ago and never used. All linkage and butterflies open and operate smoothly. No corrosion on carb bases. Intake is clean inside and out with no scale or rust. Located in Omaha, NE. $1300 plus shipping. I will pacakage the intake and carbs separately and package them well. I would estimate shipping to be around $100 in the US. If someone wants these I will get an exact shipping quote. Any questions just ask. I do not have any of the other dual quad related parts, this is it. Thanks.  

http://www.v8buick.com/index.php?threads/factory-dual-quad-intake-and-carbs.338656/

Edited by cjp69 (see edit history)

That is a good price for what you've listed.  The intake is a 65/66 not a 64.  The kickdown bosses are different and a stock 64 kickdown switch bracket my not work properly with the intake.  Carb numbers are 64.