Back to basics Model A Ford Parts where?

56Roadmaster

Hi folks,

I haven't had cause to look for Model A Ford parts in some

time. Now I am looking for a supplier(s)for QUALITY (MEANING GOOD MATERIAL PROPERTIES) replacement parts, as I remeber there was alot of junk out there i.e. shafts not hardened correctly, wrong alloys, ect.

List:(1931 car chasis)

Brake rods

Rear brake camshafts and bushings

Brake rod anti-rattle springs

Brake drums-ALSO WHAT IS THE MAX DRUM DIAMETER AFTER TRUING

Brake clevis pins

Who would you recommend as a supplier based on your experiences?

Thanks tongue.gif

Guest FordPiet

I have always had great service from Snyder's in Ohio (you can get their address from the suppliers listed on the www.MTFCA.com site). Also, Bratton's in Maryland is good and their catalog is excellent -- lots of info and tips. You can also check out www.ahooga.com which is a very active Model A board. Good luck! Hap 1915 Ford cut off (the Model A is so far down on the "fix it list" it isn't even mentioned very often!)

Guest HeyPop

MAC's has dissappointed me the last couple times by not fully completeing my order. As far as price, I've been using MAC's because over all they may save me anywhere from $10 - $30 on an order over Bratton, Snyder, TAM's, Obsolete or Mike's. There a local guy (Bird-in-Hand, Pa.) Dave Renninger who's always been helpful when I was in need of a part last minute and I know he will ship just about anywhere. He pretty much honors MAC's prices (and I think he gets most of his stuff from them) but I've gotten things from him at a lower cost too. His phone # is:(717)768-3442 Good hunting..... smile.gif