Buick Master 121 dimensions a-pillar

lemmel

Hello,

my name is Patrick, I´m living 30 km north of Berlin/Germany and a friend of mine is restorating a Buick Master 121 40 series (construction year 1929). Chassis and motor still finished and running and now he is restorating the whole wooden parts. So he has a big problem with the rebuilding of the a-pillar (i hope that´s the right english word for the whole 1st frame which is holding the front doors and the windscreen). Because the wood is all rotten and completely crumbled he needs the dimensions of the a-pillar to rebuild it. I was wondering if there exists any construction plans or someone has these dimensions or pictures to send me?

Thanks a lot for your help! 

Best regards,

Patrick

Patrick:

If it's a 1929 Buick, as far as I know there are no factory plans of the wood available.  Send me your email address and I'll send you a Welcome Package for the 1929 Silver Anniversary Buick Club where you can advertise for information on dimensions for the wood frame.

Bill McLaughlin

Editor & Publisher - 1929 Silver Anniversary Buick Newsletter

Address:  81 Roxborough St. W., Toronto,  ON,  M5R 1T9, Canada
Tel: (Evenings): 416-961-0142;  (Days):  416-580-5802
Fax:  416-929-0945
E-Mail: bill@29buick.ca
Web Site:  www.29buick.ca
Photo Web Site:  www.29Buickphotos.com

Bill-29 Buick is correct. There are no drawings or plans for this body and I do not know of anyone who supplies premade wood.  With the cowl, windshield surround parts and dimensions from the floor and a few from the body the windshield frame with "A" pillars can be back engineered. Check out my photos on my Facebook page "Automotive Wood Bodies" to see what did for a 1929 Chevrolet with only about 2 feet of one main floor sill left intact.

Regards