63-65 "New Gas Tank" available

Fitzo1969

I recently purchased the very first 63-65 gas tank available through Auto City Classic's. I picked up the tank, compared to the original, slid it up into position and everything seems to be a good match.

Tank looks great and should be a perfect replacement. Again: Auto City Classics, ask for Mike.

Thanks

Fitz

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, RockinRiviDad said:

James at BestOfferCounts (215) 767-0845, who has an ad in the back of the Riview, is a good contact for first gen Riv parts. He also had a fuel tank prototype made & will be making tanks available to us in Jan/Feb too. 

Maybe he's just a reseller?

54 minutes ago, DualQuadDave said:

James makes some of his own parts and resell's some others. 

I contacted him once about something (pedal pads, IIRC).  He was evasive as to the origin.  Which was of no help, as I was trying to determine if they were the same as other, sub-standard parts that I'd bought before.  For what he was asking for the parts, it wasn't worth taking a chance.

Without taking this thread into left field, I’ve purchased tons of misc new/used pieces from James (including pedal pads) & all have met my expectations. I know, who am I right? no one…but James is easy to talk to, always responds to messages, parts shipped promptly & the guy even text messages. I love that…need a part? Text him & he replies haha 

I also like that, like a lot of you, he started his business by parting one car out from his house haha

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, jsgun said:

bestoffercounts is making the window tracking arm now (not sure what it's called, the one that always breaks). Expensive, but nice piece. 

Steve,

Can you post some additional information? I don't see it posts on his website.

Thanks, Ed

• 5 months later...

I just got the new gas tanks in. I only have 6 right now. I will have more towards the end of summer.

I also got in new fuel sending units for non AC cars (single line).

Please call me at 215-767-0845 if you are interested in a Riviera Gas Tank and/or sending unit.

Thank you

James

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Bestoffercounts said:

I just got the new gas tanks in. I only have 6 right now. I will have more towards the end of summer.

I also got in new fuel sending units for non AC cars (single line).

Please call me at 215-767-0845 if you are interested in a Riviera Gas Tank and/or sending unit.

Thank you

James

James, 

You should contact Ray at the ROA. In the most recent issue of the Riview,  which has just been mailed, Ray is still running an ad that says "they're coming soon."

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yes that ad In the Riview  about the tanks coming soon is from my competitor who also get the tanks made. I am going to change my ad in the Riview to state some of the newer items I am making now as well.

I am working on 1961-1964 Fullsize Buick gas tanks as well. I am test fitting the samples this week. The 1961-1964 Fullszie tanks should be here the January 2020.

• Like 4