Look at FS Pics Close - This is Why

JZRIV

There is a white 66 GS MZ on ebay and I had seen pics many times of this car in past but was slowly going through the pics on this listing in detail and got a good laugh out of this pic. :blink: The accelerator pedal is upside down. Not that it changes the value much but this is a good example of a subtle red flag and how important it is to study details of all photos when considering purchase of any vehicle. If the hack that did this worked on other parts of the car, there will be surprises.....and not the good kind.

38.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

My sister in law does and wonders why the people following her don't slow down when she brakes.  She also wonders why she replaces bulbs so often.  Of course you tell her that she's riding the brake with her left foot and she says "Well, that's how Daddy taught me."  ?

• Like 1

My boss many many years ago taught me how to drive both feet in the city. I was still wet behind the ears at 19 years.

It’s all about giving yourself better reaction time in an emergency. City drivers tend to take chances and force their way into situations. Pedestrians also take chances and jump out in front of you.

As for the other people up your backside, you have allowed for that by not travelling too close and using the two second rule 1001, 1002 .

just my two bobs worth on defensive driving Rodney ?????

Try braking with your left foot in an early model Ford van. Can't be done, the steering column is in the way.

If you're not riding the brake pedal with your left foot, I don't see any difference in reaction time. Might be even slower if your foot is resting on the floor.  Plus if you your riding the brake, you've got contact between the shoes/drums or pads/rotors. Your brake lights would be on constantly.  You'd also have a difficult time keeping your cruise control engaged. Just saying.

Why don't the car manufacturers put the pedal where a clutch pedal normally is? ?

• Like 1