RARE BUICK "BOBCAT" on ebay

Guest my3buicks

Guest my3buicks

Has anyone seen the ultra ultra rare and elusive 1966 Buick "Bobcat" on ebay. I figured it must be a 66 Wildcat untill I looked at it and it is a 66 Electra Convert. Sounds like a good name for a Wildcat in 1966 had they offered it with a 340. tongue.gif

Guest my3buicks

Read my post a little closer guys, It was a post in jest to a obviously non car type person posting it as a Buick "Bobcat". It is a 66 Electra Conv. crazy.gif

Guest my3buicks

Yes, Pontiac GTO's had a package called the Royal Bobcat that was an engine performance package, although I believe it was dealer installed and not from the factory that way, similar to a Yenko Chevy. I wouldn't stake my life on the fact that it was dealer installed, but pretty sure. Yes, the Mercury Bobcat would not have been missed by many if it had never been made. And in case there is still any doubt, I was poking fun at the ebay listing it as a BOBCAT, no animal was made by Buick. I still get the feeling people are taking my first post seriously. confused.gif

The Royal Bobcat package was a dealer-installed package done by Ace Wilson's Royal Ponitac in Royal Oak, Michigan. They appeared on full-size and intermediate Pontiacs from 1961 to 1973. Especially well-know is the GTO package, considered the high water mark of GTO performance and desirability.