Sign in to follow this  
Ronnie

Reattas For Sale On Craigslist

From Barney's database-

1990 1G4EC33C7LB 907188    BLUE    GREY    BLACK   BK Y N   N CLOTH TOP   19T   WA     Jun-98    $1,350    61,000 

THIS AD HAS EXPIRED

For those that salivate over a S60, this car has dropped $2,500 from its original asking price.  It's been available for 3+ months (maybe longer).  A shrewd negotiator should get it for $6,900 (assuming the car is kosher)  - https://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/cto/d/1990-buick-reatta-select-sixty/6611835137.html

On the Select 60, he originally listed the car for sale on this forum for $15,000. I was texting him when he dropped it to $8900 and he would not negotiate an inch. He also had photo's of two different select 60's posted on Craigslist. When I questioned him he said he made a mistake and accidently posted some photo's of his old select 60 which he had already sold. It concerned me. Seems in pretty rough shape for a car with 77000 miles. I would approach buying this car with a great deal of caution.

37 minutes ago, Cargirl said:

On the Select 60, he originally listed the car for sale on this forum for $15,000. I was texting him when he dropped it to $8900 and he would not negotiate an inch. He also had photo's of two different select 60's posted on Craigslist. When I questioned him he said he made a mistake and accidently posted some photo's of his old select 60 which he had already sold. It concerned me. Seems in pretty rough shape for a car with 77000 miles. I would approach buying this car with a great deal of caution.

Good to know.  I recall first seeing the car listed at the $10K asking price.  Nevertheless, it is a SoCal car (I saw the car a few years ago in Palm Springs - wasn't selling then) and was in good shape inside and out the last I saw it. Always tread carefully. Any buyer should ALWAYS see the car first (unless you have discretionary funds). Still worth serious consideration for those who must have a n S60 as its obvious the buyer wants the car out of his life.

Thanks for spotting that Kevin.  What a shame it would be to lose that one.  It's not a 200,000 mile car with rust that is on it's last leg either. I wish we knew the VIN to cross reference it and see how early the VIN build is.  My issue is that I am not a white fan.  There are some white color Reatta owners on here. Or were.

Price is more than fair, especially coming from a salvage yard. They are doing a solid by offering it for sale before cutting it up. 

• Like 1

I've got a Friend here in the Lake George area that told me he thinks he is going to sell his.   Red with a tan interior.  It's a Conv't and had a new top put on two years ago.  I think it's a 91.  He has kept it in the garage most of the time and hasn't used it in the salt since he has had it.  I'm not sure of all the particulars but can find out if anyone is interested.  He always wanted one, bought it and decided he doesn't like driving it or a conv't very much for that matter. 

Looks to be in pretty nice shape but not perfect. 

THIS AD HAS EXPIRED

https://newyork.craigslist.org/que/cto/d/1990-buick-reatta-collectable/6739701103.html

1990 red/tan 16 way seats and sunroof. He’s had this for sale for a while, if I remember correctly probably since the beginning of the year. He used to have two though. 

Text of ad: 

Give away price is firm*** This car goes for $3000 in excellent condition!!!... Use as is as a daily or paint and up its value!!! Great deal for right person!!! I have a 1990 Buick Reatta ....quality built cars and are becoming collectable..... red w tan interior... is in good shape, runs well but clear coat peeling......CALL anytime for details, leave message and I'll get back asap.... do not text or email....I have owned the Reatta in pics for many years, hardly use..........again, Calls only.....Do your research....No games or silly offers.....347 932 2046....open to trade, anything Interesting.

On 11/17/2018 at 5:09 PM, Kevin M said:

THIS AD HAS EXPIRED

https://newyork.craigslist.org/que/cto/d/1990-buick-reatta-collectable/6739701103.html

1990 red/tan 16 way seats and sunroof. He’s had this for sale for a while, if I remember correctly probably since the beginning of the year. He used to have two though. 

Nice looking car for the money. I would want to see photos of the underside of the car too.

I would too. A lot of cars got flooded in that area during hurricane sandy back in 2012. But I think it looks okay for what he shows.