1925 Buick Rocker shaft spring order

Hubert_25-25

On my 1925 Buick Standard, my machinist pulled my rocker shaft apart, and then I disassembled the one that I had with my spare parts.   I laid all the parts out in an organized manner and took several photos of the order and wrote on the paper towels notes regarding the order.   Somehow, those photos got lost or written over.  Now all I have is a box of parts.  Does anyone have an exploded view of the rocker shaft that they created.  I know there are 3 short, 2 long, and 1 end spring on the rocker shaft.  So the main issue is really the ends, and which end gets the end spring.  The front or the back of the rockershaft.   All I have is the starting order of one side of the rockershaft, but not the other side.  Also wondering if anyone sourced any replacement springs.  On one engine, the shortest spring was broken, it has a bit of wear on the good one, just wondering how long it will last.  Any help is appreciated.  Thank you,    Hugh

IMG_6533.thumb.JPG.d78cc33aeba445251112160f0057923d.JPGIMG_6534.thumb.JPG.86eb2723e5a9d0c4d1075249b35c2aa2.JPG

Edited by Hubert_25-25 (see edit history)

Hugh:

There is the Bugle article I did. But here are some of the photos I took. If they have enough resolution you can zoom in to see. 

DSCF6938.thumb.JPG.d1c3403676b2b187ab9efa5ce6ed2bf7.JPG

This is looking Front (left ) to Rear (right). The oil outlet threaded cap(use new copper crush gasket) the outlet/tube assembly (another copper crush casket here also) then the rocker standoff support. From there you can see the rockers on their side with the correct length spring and washers continuing to the rear.

DSCF6959.thumb.JPG.e1bbf7b93ed221a26bd52195066ae86d.JPG

Final assembly of the shaft.

Otherwise I can take more photos.

I will also send to your email.

Larry

Edited by dibarlaw
spelling (see edit history)
  • Like 2