1939 LZ Trunk

jord

I'm sure I have photos of the trunk, including the switch and light, from the '39 Zephyr we had earlier this year. This was a mostly original car, so the location of the switch and light should be correct.

http://www.harwoodmotors.com/vehicles/inventory_details.php?id=877

Edited by Matt Harwood (see edit history)

On November 6, 2018 at 3:43 PM, jord said:

Can anyone send me pics of the trunk area of a 1939 sedan? I am trying to locate the position of  the light and switch.

Thanks

The light socket is mounted on the right upper corner of the trunk via two screws that's screwed into the X brace behind the carboard trunk liner. The switch is mounted on the left side spare tire stop.  You'll see two screw holes there that matches up with the holes in the switch.  

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Thanks Ken and Mack,I now have the picture and the light makes sense up top and the holes line up. My old switch was to large and  installed in a weird way. Will find a new smaller switch . Not sure how to answer without adding a new reply ,prefer your way  Ken

Thanks again

59 minutes ago, jord said:

Thanks Ken and Mack,I now have the picture and the light makes sense up top and the holes line up. My old switch was to large and  installed in a weird way. Will find a new smaller switch . Not sure how to answer without adding a new reply ,prefer your way  Ken

Thanks again

I took the photos of my friends 39 Zephyr sedan and it's not been tampered with so I'm sure this is how it came from the factory.