NC-car-guy

How buttercup got her groove back

3 hours ago, NC-car-guy said:

This isn't rebuilt. Just new gaskets and paint.  It only has 13k miles.

When I took my Uncle Phil ( the model A guy) for a ride in my GS his first question was; Did you rebuild this engine?  

I looked at him and said, Uncle Phil.  This is a Buick!  It only has 50,000 on it.  Why would I rebuild it?  lol

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, avgwarhawk said:

If you do paint the oil canister housing the AC oil sticker is available new I believe.  

Yea I had ordered it already. Just got to feeling guilty about covering up all the original....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NC-car-guy said:
5 minutes ago, avgwarhawk said:

If you do paint the oil canister housing the AC oil sticker is available new I believe.  

Yea I had ordered it already. Just got to feeling guilty about covering up all the original....

Can be done at any oil change...hard to see anyhow unless you are changing the filter.

• Like 2

Just now, old-tank said:

Can be done at any oil change...hard to see anyhow unless you are changing the filter.

Squirrels see it easily. 😁

• Haha 1

Had broken a few French locks during removal and the bolts were totally seized to the washers. 20190715_202235.thumb.jpg.5c90b134f48c62e8e5b23d5164f78c2d.jpg10 minutes of digging around in my nailhead pile and ta-da!

20190715_204758.thumb.jpg.cceeb91d5c0206a7b558bb8b5c6edd80.jpg

Clean these up and finish putting on my exhaust manifolds.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Found a new fuel line in my collection...

20190718_193411-1040x2080.thumb.jpg.a6296d8780634b5512b2f1861e14bccf.jpg

I dont suppose I xan get away with vintage accessories in a show?

20190718_193419.thumb.jpg.d3b49af509079cff5458e4aff6aec792.jpg

All I lack now is my fuel pump to block gasket, my plug wires and grommets, (unless you think those would hold up to paint stripper) and my torque tube to trans gasket.

You are going to make those gaskets right?  If so I can send you scans of those gaskets tomorrow.

7 minutes ago, old-tank said:

You are going to make those gaskets right?  If so I can send you scans of those gaskets tomorrow.

Make? Last time I made a gasket I wound up very frustrated.   I suppose I could though.

Copy the PDF to your computer then open.  Print "actual size" in the print dialogue.

I rough cut from the paper it is printed on then glue to the gasket paper with mailing label cement, then cut out.

Even fragments of gaskets can be taped (clear) to a sheet of paper then scanned.  Greasy gaskets can be put into a clear plastic bag to protect the scanner.

But don't just select copy...print to a file and select actual size.

Frustrated?  That's the way I was when I took a course in "Tape and Scissors" :D

• Thanks 1