New Headquarters building

Azbluewhale

The last I heard (quite recently), the existing

business, a water company, is still in the building.

After they move out, the renovations begin,

so it will be quite some time before it's occupied

as our headquarters.

Maybe there's a hiatus to begin work, while fund-raising proceeds.

I'm sure someone can tell you more.

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)

I have no idea as far as dates, but the campaign to raise funds has started. I’m sure Steve will chime in. I’m considering an unusual donation for the Library but haven’t spoken to him about it yet. ?

On 11/4/2018 at 9:31 PM, Joe in Canada said:

If you want to raise funds and have a great time also you can come on the National Vintage Tour next August. All proceeds raised go to the Library.

Wow! That is an extremely wonderful contribution for your Region to make. I wish you all a wonderful week for that tour, and I will definitely keep it in consideration to attend.

• Like 2

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 8:07 AM, West Peterson said:

Wow! That is an extremely wonderful contribution for your Region to make. I wish you all a wonderful week for that tour, and I will definitely keep it in consideration to attend.

West this is not being put on by a region but is being sponsored  by National. I believe there is only 3 regions in all of Canada. After attending national events over the past few years Marty hooked me up with Don Barlup to have an event in Canada. We picked Kingston as it is only 30 Min from the US and on the shore of Lake Ontario. Being an average size city founded as a military outpost in the early 1700s there is a lot to see with plenty of back roads to tour on.  I suspect that is why the HCCA comes back to Kingston every few years and again this year. We also have a booth in Philly to promote the tour.  See you there.

Edited by Joe in Canada (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...