Dealership Information Wanted

Looking for any information,pictures,advertising items,license plate frame,paper material etc. from Terry's Chrysler-Plymouth,4315 Independence Blvd.,Charlotte,North Carolina. Thought to be in business from mid 60s to mid 70s but not sure. Appreciate any help.

I never really thought of looking for this sort of information but it’s a great idea. My 1939 Chrysler Imperial was bought new at Kvam  Motors in Milwaukee Wisconsin. I verified this information through the Chrysler Historical Society in Detroit. The car was shipped from Detroit (Jefferson Avenue plant) by boat up to Milwaukee in March of ‘39. I also checked the Milwaukee business registry and found that Kvam Motors just started their business a few months before. It would be great to obtain any dealership information regarding Kvam. I always wonder if the original sales contract for my Imperial is sitting in a box somewhere in a Milwaukee basement.   

61 polara, Thank you for your reply. Do you have any contact with the salesman? Is there any chance he might have any items from the dealership?

Thanks again. Any chance of posting a picture of the building as it exists today?

Spinneyhill, That was fast! Thank you very much. 

That's the current building.  The original building was not quite as long and had the typical blue Chrysler square panels above with the dealership name.  The lot slopes steeply in back, so the building was two story, with a lower level below grade.  The service department and body shop were below and entered from a side street.  I searched for photos this afternoon, but had no luck.  Do you have a car that was sold from there?  Post a photo of it.  Most of their sales were Plymouths. I don't ever remember seeing an Imperial there and Chryslers were not big sellers in the area.  Lots of Plymouths around though.

Actually, I knew two salesmen who worked there.  Both are no longer here.

Edited by 61polara (see edit history)

Bill,

If you do a google search for that dealership, you will see a "hit" where the dealership was mentioned in an article written by

Dean Yates in the Carolina Regions' (Plymouth Owners Club) newsletter.  Dean may know or know of some dealer items for sale.

http://clubs.hemmings.com/carolinaplymouth/85_PlyNews.pdf

This article was from February, 2016.

Wldavis, Thanks for your reply. As best I know, Dean was contacted. He is the President of the Charlotte region of the Plymouth owners club.  61polara, the car is a 1973 Plymouth Duster 340. Appreciate your help. Bill 

61 polara, My mistake, the car is a 1972. Thanks again. Bill 

• 1 year later...

Hello Bill,

I live in the U.K and own a 1966 Belvedere which has the remains of a Terry's Plymouth dealership sticker still on the rear bumper. It was bought new by a local lady, Bessie Mackey and ordered in corporate blue . I also was interested in the dealership due to the sticker.