Help with a jack for sale?

Guest Dynaflo2

Guest Dynaflo2

There is a jack for sale on eBay that the seller says is for a 1951 Pontiac. As far as I can tell, he has no way to verify that, but if it's true, I am curious as to whether it might also be correct for my 1951 Roadmaster. Does anyone know where he should look on the jack to find a part number? I have already suggested to him via email that he check the baseplate and the jack mechanism. Also, if anyone can provide me with the proper part number, that would be extra groovy. grin.gif

Thanks!

Guest Bob Newquist

I have a 51 Roadmaster with the correct jack, no part number but both base and stand have a patent # as follows: base- 2,400,235; stand-2,433,537. Run that by the seller and see if it works, good luck, Bob N.

I don't think you will find a Pontiac jack is tall enough for a Buick. At one time in the far distant past I had both a 1953 Buick and a 1949 Pontiac (Canadian). Because of the coil springs you had to raise the back of the Buick about a foot higher in the air to change a rear tire. Also the front end of the Buick probably out weighs the Pontiac by 800 pounds.

Happy hobbying