What GM Car Used This Interior

AJFord54

I just purchased a 1961 Chris Craft 17 foot ski boat and am looking to replace the interior.  I was told that all Chris Crafts used GM interiors.  I'm attaching a photo of a Chris Craft with the correct interior and wondered if any of you could look at it and tell me on what make, model and year GM car this may have been used.  

If I could match it up and purchase the material, I can secure it to the seats myself.  The color is an aqua blue and white with gold inserts.   Any thoughts?  Thanks.

1961 Chris Craft 2.jpg

Chris Craft might have used GM designs, but I doubt that the interiors were identical interchange. In that era GM was a leader in design.

Given the year(61 boat), the interior would most likely be late 1950's. 

I am not real familiar with that era even though I grew up in Flint & GM I do not recognize that design. 

I thought "Ford" at my first glance too. Kind of square Birdish. You shouldn't be far from Moser's Upholstery. They have probably done some. Take a cushion up there and drive through the old Pierce-Arrow plant while you are in the neighborhood.

Bernie

• Thanks 1

Bernie (is everyone listening)? "You are a genius".  I have searched through GM and found nothing, but knew I'd seen something like it before.  As a Ford man, I should have known better, but just like the magician always has you looking at the right hand while he's working the left, I got snookered.  In fact, I owned a '59 Ford in my youth with a similar (wrong color) interior.  

As the Chris Craft is a '61, this makes total sense that they'd be using a '59.  While I'm not 100% it's right, I think you're on the right track.  Will keep you posted.

Many thanks!

Andy