Question about 1931-1932 Cabriolet Laundau Bar Spacers

rareindian

I'm taking stock of what I do and do not have for my 31 Cabriolet.  I have one of the spacers that goes behind the landau bars.  Can someone tell me if the spacers at the top (landau bar to top frame) were the same as the ones used at the bottom (landau bar to body)?

Thanks

Rick

I can't tell you about Chevrolet but Pontiac's body parts book in section 12.711 and 12.714 gives different part numbers for "Bracket, Imitation folding top brace" upper and lower.  I would assume Chev might be the same part but if different from Pontiac would still be upper and lower.

5 hours ago, Tinindian said:

I can't tell you about Chevrolet but Pontiac's body parts book in section 12.711 and 12.714 gives different part numbers for "Bracket, Imitation folding top brace" upper and lower.  I would assume Chev might be the same part but if different from Pontiac would still be upper and lower.

Ha, in actuality my car is a 31 Pontiac.  I just figured I would have a better chance of getting answer on Chevrolet forum.  All the top and windshield parts with exception to the medallion in the middle of windshield base seems to be same between Chev and Pontiac for 31-32.  The parts I am asking about specifically are the round/cone shaped spacers that protrude from the body panels on the lower.  The bolts holding the landau arms on pass thru these and they space the landau arm out away from the quarter panel.  I know there is some kind of spacer on the top landau arm as well to space it out from the top frame; so, my question is if these use the same spacers on top as on bottom.  I only have one bottom.

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 5:54 PM, Dave39MD said:

They are very different on my 31 Chevrolet Cabriolet. Much shorter at the top. I think I got new ones from a friend that was reproducing them. I can see if he has more if your interested.

Dave

1931Chevy 011.JPG

Dave, that would be great if you could check with your friend.  I don't seem to have the top spacers for either side.

Rick