Sign in to follow this  
Studebeggar

Wanted black lacquer car paint

Looking for black lacquer for my model A  anyone have left overs ??will be used in Nevada desert country  ..760-938-2250...  bigpine70@yahoo.com

• Like 1

PPG still make black lacquer      may not be available in every state     can get it here in NJ  maybe you can but it from company on line------------------   $ 200.00 a gallon

Edited by broker-len (see edit history)

Black lacquer is still available from our local PPG distributor. Lots of lacquer still used in women's nail polish.

Nitrocelulos lacquer is available in spray cans and in quarts in black from Stew Mac. Stewart MacDonald  is a large supplier of guitar parts and supplies....they have a website. The lacquer goes on sale every couple months and although somewhat expensive (about $15) it's what you want....super easy to work with and fantastic results.  To do your whole car you'll go through a lot of spray cans but you can easily do a fender here and a door there to ease the pain....I'm guessing maybe 30 cans to do the whole car.

Edited by Jeff Hammers
adding info (see edit history)

I still have a gallon of black acryllic lacquer if you or anybody wants it.  I paid $100 for it, and I'll sell it for $100.  Also have a gallon thinner.  Paid about $80 for that and will take $80 for it.  Finally I have a pint of lacquer blending agent that I paid $75 for and I'll take $75.  All plus shipping from Florida

On 11/14/2018 at 1:53 PM, Restorer32 said:

Black lacquer is still available from our local PPG distributor. Lots of lacquer still used in women's nail polish.

It is still used in the painting of musical instruments as well