More brake issues

zagato

Guys,

I recently replaced the accumulator on my brake system and bled the brakes without issue thanks to input from Hemi.  There was a lot of air in the lines, especially from the rear brakes.  I no longer have a "hard pedal", but something is not right.  The brake pump now runs continually and does not shut off.  Could it be the pressure switch?  I would appreciate any suggestions.

3 hours ago, zagato said:

Guys,

I recently replaced the accumulator on my brake system and bled the brakes without issue thanks to input from Hemi.  There was a lot of air in the lines, especially from the rear brakes.  I no longer have a "hard pedal", but something is not right.  The brake pump now runs continually and does not shut off.  Could it be the pressure switch?  I would appreciate any suggestions.

Yes, it could be the pressure switch. I doubt you have access to the brake pressure gauge shown in the factory shop manual, MST-6163 & adaptor 6244, that would tell you the hydraulic pressure in the system. If a pressure of between 2320 and 2755 lb is not built up, the pump motor will not turn off. REPLACE the pressure switch.

• 4 weeks later...

Could be the pressure switch or the relay..........I had a stuck relay and it melted the pump motor.

On the Reatta discussion someone found another Teves pressure switch but it had a different electrical plug .....but we don't know what it was for.  

Any Teves pressure switch will screw in but you need to get the correct electrical connection.

On 11/1/2018 at 8:44 AM, zagato said:

Hi Hemi,  Do you have any idea where I can get the pressure switch?  TC parts will only sell to a rebuilder of the entire system.  They told me that some GM models used a similar switch, but did not specify which models.

You may still be able to buy the switch, Chrysler # 4464005 / GM# 25530882. The last time I bought one was in 2001 at a Buick dealer for $82.67

Edited by Hemi Dude
mis-spelling correction (see edit history)