Kevin M

Key fob Buick symbol

This has been puzzling me since I got my car. But I’ve found it odd that the key fob is the only thing related to the Reatta that doesn’t have the Reatta logo on it. Does anyone know if there’s a reason for this? Pic is what I’m talking about. 

0B9E6612-A2BB-46E2-BA32-78300E3B0AA5.jpeg

$$$ aka bean counters - For one of my Reatta's a while back I snapped the pin off the back of these and then used a Dremel to smooth the back then glued it to a fob, makes for a nice upgrade.   

Come to think of it, I will do it again.

image.thumb.png.dfb6bf5f6326cd467e6605cfce9e9d93.png

• Like 1

I may be interested in that if you do that. I figured it was a money thing but I also figured laziness was a factor. 

2 hours ago, Kevin M said:

This has been puzzling me since I got my car. But I’ve found it odd that the key fob is the only thing related to the Reatta that doesn’t have the Reatta logo on it. Does anyone know if there’s a reason for this? Pic is what I’m talking about. 

Same exact fob as the ones for my '90 Riviera.  

@jgiotto I’ve been using the spare fob. The original doesn’t look too pretty the interior light button is the only clear one. 

• Like 1

On 10/30/2018 at 9:37 PM, Kevin M said:

I believe the Rivera debuted the keyfob before the Reatta, just a money saver on Buick's part?

That’s what it seems like. Weird that that’s the only spot with the trisheild though. 

I believe this key fob debuted with the '86 or '87 Riviera; included all years of the Reatta; with the style ending with the '92 Riviera.  I believe Cadillac's of the same era key fobs were similar in style but with the "Cadillac" emblem.  The '93 Riviera key fob was a new design, again similar the Cadillac new design.

Edited by DShip
spelling (see edit history)
  • Like 1

My '93 Riv  has the same key fob.

I am not 100% sure if this came with the car or was switched prior to me receiving the car.

Cal.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 91vert said:

My '93 Riv  has the same key fob.

I am not 100% sure if this came with the car or was switched prior to me receiving the car.

Cal.

I'm basing my thought of the '93 Riviera key fob being a new/different design as a result of reading the '86 thru '93 Riviera/Reatta Parts and Illustration catalog.  Maybe there was a design change sometime during the '93 Riviera production run??  Interesting, in any case.  Hey, as long as they work...Right?! 

Forgive me for not searching thoroughly 

Where can I find instructions on programming. A used remote from a Cadillac with the same fcc I’d towork with my reatta VERT?

1 hour ago, franc944 said:

Forgive me for not searching thoroughly 

Where can I find instructions on programming. A used remote from a Cadillac with the same fcc I’d towork with my reatta VERT?

Ronnie has the directions link, just make sure you get a good ground to the RKE receiver module.