Sign in to follow this  
Steve Moskowitz

2019 Fall Meet Hershey Room News! Urgent!

We do not want to panic people BUT we will make a very strong suggestion to book your rooms for the fall meet now!!  Especially at the outlying hotels if you are use to staying there. This year there is a very large kids soccer tournament all over the county and although many of the rooms nights are way outside our area some local hotels may get booked for Friday and Saturday nights.  I will be working on trying to find out which hotels in Hershey are affected (if any).  The Lodge and Hotel Hershey are not.  Please, do not take this lightly.  It is a huge soccer tournament with literally several thousand people involved.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Steve! Soccer killed the Local HCCA/AACA Meet in 1995, sure don't want to mess up my 50th Hershey in a row. Bob 

If you book hotel rooms each year for Hershey, you may have noticed that rooms become scarce every year as the event approaches; and in many cases the room rates double or triple during the calendar year. I have just booked my rooms for 2019 in one of the nicest hotels in the area. After taxes, the nights average $130. If you wait until July or later, the rates increase to about $250/night- and then it is booked solid by September. I book the room with the free cancellation option, so there really is no downside to booking early. And it’s nice to see the front desk person’s eyes widen when they pull you up on the computer and see what you paid.

• Like 1

Steve:  How about the show trailer parking?  Has that been resolved yet for those of us that would be going to the banquet as last year we had to sort of leave the area after the show according to the registration form?  I realize that isn't a "national" item but a local Hershey region issue.

Robert

Edited by Robert Street (see edit history)

Steve,  When is it that one can request additional vendor spaces for Hershey?   I know it will be a tall order for this year with the red field issues but i still need to ask.    Thanks in advance!   JWA

The spring registration starts with the May June issue.  All requests get mailed out in the first week of July and then it is first come, first served!