Teves Brake Pressure Switch

ColoradoOlds

I have not heard of  anyone using a different pressure switch.

Did a search on Rock auto and they have the 25530882 for $107 and they say it fits 1986-87 Buick, Olds and Cadillac

I wonder what the difference is........being in manufacturing for years,  I do not know why they would make the electrical plug different unless the switch had extra functions.

Several other car makers used the Teves system but again don't know why they would change the plug.

So my guess would be this switch may have different on and off pressures.

Edited by Barney Eaton (see edit history)

I believe there were two different connectors used on the pressure switch for the Teves MKII brake system like our Reattas have. One for GM products and one for the Mark VII and T-bird . I don't know if they are interchangeable by changing the connector on the wiring harness. Check this out: http://powerbrakeservice.net/teaelhybrbop.html

image.png

About a year ago I needed to replace a brake pressure switch that was sticking and causing the pump to run continuously. 

Part #  AC Delco 25530882. This switch is available but the original part # with the correct plug/receptacle is not.

See my post from Oct 2017 for full explanation.

Search the forum for    "AC Delco 25530882 pressure switch for Teves ABS systems"