Xander Wildeisen

Free is good, right?

Should be no problem getting it running again it ran when parked in 1986.  It might take longer to clear off the moss to see where your going.   

Back in the 80s, a friend cut up a schoolbus because he wanted the engine.  He disposed of a lot of it by putting parts out for weekly trash collection.  In those days they took virtually anything.  They no longer provide that level of service in my hometown!!

Wow it comes with a one barrel carb and a rare yellow bucket... SWEET !

I think he's going to need a larger bucket.

Motor Home project! Many old buses have been converted in this country. Blasted things are under-powered so there are usually long lines of traffic behind them.

What a sweetheart! 

If it was running with seats installed, there would be NO shortage of lineups for that particular bus if it was part of the shuttle at the annual Portland Swap Meet regardless how it looked!

Craig

12 hours ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

Back in the 80s, a friend cut up a schoolbus because he wanted the engine.  He disposed of a lot of it by putting parts out for weekly trash collection.  In those days they took virtually anything.  They no longer provide that level of service in my hometown!!

Is this it?  https://boise.craigslist.org/pts/d/chevy-motor-and-tranny/6724394118.html

Ha, might well have been a bb chevy.  Same guy invited me in for a drink one day, and had a 318 mopar block on end in his kitchen.  We grew up together.  He can also show how to get 7 cars into a 4 car garage.  Things you can do when single I guess...

• Like 1

Must not be many remaining, this was the only picture I could find.  Can you imagine pulling into a show with this?  They did not call it "school bus acceleration" for nothing.  If it is all aluminum construction might not be too bad weight wise.

Image result for 1936 mack bus

41 minutes ago, Graham Man said:

Must not be many remaining, this was the only picture I could find.  Can you imagine pulling into a show with this?  They did not call it "school bus acceleration" for nothing.  If it is all aluminum construction might not be too bad weight wise.

Image result for 1936 mack bus

The one on Craigslist is definitely a city transit bus as it has a rear exit door.  

It would be cool to pull into a show with a vintage bus such as the one above.  Several years ago at a British Field Meet, a double-decker bus showed up unexpectedly, getting lots of attention from the spectators at the show.

Craig

00g0g_bdN7JfplWxt_600x450.jpg

Things located in Portland can get mossy. Not just that bus but these cars were in Portland too.

BMW 2002 Moss.jpg

The underside of an old city transportation bus is one of the most God awful places I've ever worked.

Everything that had fluid of any kind has leaked and absorbed ALL the grime from the city streets.

Believe me.!!

Bill H

Seems like a great start for an RV...