Sign in to follow this  
detroitsoul

SUCCESS! '38 Comes to life...

Well, it finally happened after two and a half  years.  I was hoping it would happen two weeks ago but today was the day.  Today, the magnificent V-12 engine of my '38 came to life.  I shot a 9 second video on my iPhone but it ended up being too big still.  17MB.  Oh well.

• Like 1

Realy happy for you, I am also within a week or two of starting my 38. want to see the video.

I had to tear down my engine again (because of a stupid on my part) just when I thought I was ready for the big day.

IMG_0312.jpg

• Like 1

I know that feeling!  1st with my '42 LC Cabriolet in 1967, next was getting a worn 1940 LZ sedan running after at least 5 years, then my '38 Lz conv.

back in '73 after a complete rebuild. And now in 2012 my '48 LC coupe .  I "felt tipped" the moment on the garage wall--  Feb.22nd 2:15pm the 

"MONSTER LIVES!"   Just like in the movie "Frankenstein"  He LIves! , He Lives!  or something like that.

• Like 1

Well done , I can assure you , once you dial it in, these are wonderful cars to operate. Dependable and comfortable. I have to admit, it took me a while...

IMG_2081.JPG

IMG_2083.JPG

IMG_2086.JPG

• Like 2