JohnD1956

92 Century Wagon

After struggling with those rear wires for almost an hour I tried some long handled needle nose pliers with looped ends. Discovered the fit right down near the valve cover edge and they grabbed the heat shields tightly. Then using the valve cover as a fulcrum the wires popped off easy peasy...sheesh😎The rear plugs came out just like the fronts too. 

And the project is all done with noticeable results...guess I have no excuse for failing to address a few other things now.😎

• Like 1

@dmfconsult  

Check out the roomy spark plug area with a 3300 V6

1754142338_6-21electracruise(4).thumb.JPG.2d940c1c3942726e42a4d65e86501b0a.JPG

139140835_6-21electracruise(5).thumb.JPG.1d11d5a76a5529da39c62f1eff8056e8.JPG

I could get my hands on those rear spark plugs, but then there wasn't enough room to pull the wires off.  Plus the heat shields spun around on the spark plug boot preventing the boot from twisting and breaking the bond that forms between it and the plug itself,  after several years of wear and tear.  

Needless to say they went back on easier than came off??

• Haha 1

Wow, that is amazing @JohnD1956 there wasn’t near that much room on my 1997 Lumina!  Luckily they had titanium plugs that supposedly lasted 60k miles. The 3100 had two “dog bones” like the one in the picture next to your distributor block. Both had to be disconnected to roll the engine forward.  Super fun for the neighbors to watch me attempt it!

• Haha 1