Find the Buick

Elpad

18 hours ago, old-tank said:

Pavement marked by spinning skinny underinflated  bias-ply tires.  I found that 29 psi would make a uniform dark black mark :rolleyes:.

And either someone got lucky and got both spinning or had a locking differential.

Your comments reminds me of the movie “My Cousin Vinny”

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Elpad said:

Gatlinburg in the 50’s and today 11/22/2020. Still a tourist trap. There’s a Buick on today’s picture

DB0CB005-702D-4ADE-80C6-FF5EE73CFF20.jpeg

2ADD1456-5440-473A-9133-0384F479A0CD.jpeg

Sorry posted the wrong today’s picture. Here it is (had to wait for the Buick to drive by)

00E29559-5C92-4020-8FDD-5DCE17292F0E.jpeg

• Haha 2

The ️ is pointing to a truck carrying some members of Castros revolutionary army. Castro took over on January 1st 1959 in Havana however this photo was taken few days later in my hometown of Santa Clara, 🇨🇺 Cuba. A large % of the population wanted a change which culminated in the change of government which has been a disaster for 61 years. No political comments intended, just facts. I think there is a Buick on the photo but the VW bug is blocking the view. Can’t tell what model it is.

091A35D2-4C5B-43EF-A195-B736CC577F51.jpeg

20 hours ago, neil morse said:

I can only find 10.  I see a '41, not a '40, and I only see one '53.  Otherwise, I agree with you.

I think there are 12, except the 40 in the middle height wise and on the extreme right could possibly be a Chevy 

gm pileup.jpg

John:

Ouch!  I somehow completely missed the red '53 Skylark.  However, I agree that the "40 in the middle height wise and on the extreme right" is a Chevy.  So I'm going to stick to 11 -- my final answer! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Elpad said:

3B053070-4619-414A-A3DB-4E4425FDDEAC.jpeg

Which one would you take?  With all due respect to the Buick, I think I'd have to go with the Impala convertible.  But I have to admit that the "wide-track" Pontiac flat-top looks amazing, too.

• Haha 1

On 12/5/2020 at 10:51 AM, neil morse said:

Which one would you take?  With all due respect to the Buick, I think I'd have to go with the Impala convertible.  But I have to admit that the "wide-track" Pontiac flat-top looks amazing, too.

I'd take the roadster with the rumble seat.

On 12/5/2020 at 11:51 AM, neil morse said:

I learn to drive in a corvair convertible but I will take the Impala Convertible and the Buick of course! 

Edited by Elpad (see edit history)