Find the Buick

Elpad

Find it in my vintage hometown. The drive in movie theater was located on Bird Road (SW 40th Street) just west of what is now SR 826 (Palmetto) expressway across the street from Tropical Park in Miami, Fl. Later it became a swap meet venue and then it was demolished. A shopping center is actually there housing a Best Buy, Target, 🌮 🔔, Publix Supermarket among other stores. Remembered well.

502AC0D9-9DCA-4BC9-9226-EDCB0295A19B.jpeg

On 1/29/2019 at 10:51 PM, Elpad said:

Find it in my vintage hometown. The drive in movie theater was located on Bird Road (SW 40th Street) just west of what is now SR 826 (Palmetto) expressway across the street from Tropical Park in Miami, Fl. Later it became a swap meet venue and then it was demolished. A shopping center is actually there housing a Best Buy, Target, 🌮 🔔, Publix Supermarket among other stores. Remembered well.

502AC0D9-9DCA-4BC9-9226-EDCB0295A19B.jpeg

Found the Buick and the projection side of the screen!

IMG_7960.jpg

• Like 1

This is pretty crazy.  I've been looking at old photos online of my neighborhood in San Francisco.  Here's a shot taken about half a block from my front door.  Can you spot the Buicks?  Of course you can!  A '41 (like mine) headed towards us on the left-hand side of the street, and another probable '41 partially concealed by the streetcar.

22ndChat48.thumb.jpg.182d49663120743ebf98e43bd8f4f7fd.jpg

• Like 2

On 12/11/2018 at 4:56 PM, JohnD1956 said:

Whoa Boy!  This is a tough one to find the  Buick.

I was hoping somebody could find one... 70’s roof lines. How in the world you get in or out of that parking lot?

51 minutes ago, MrEarl said:

Off topic but Any idea wasup with what appears to be a padded grill

B8A1FAE5-8186-47CB-894A-C1C38289C0AC.jpeg

The padded grill keeps the air from passing through. Which give the car better aerodynamics at the drags. Probably doesn't have a radiator just an expansion tank.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1