Find the Buick

Elpad

14 minutes ago, Brass is Best said:

This might be the Cliff House iCalifornia.

I believe in San Francisco....I see a 53!

9B5E7955-F60A-4219-8FB9-5ABA0A678A7C.jpeg

Edited by Elpad (see edit history)
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Elpad said:

0A19A608-406D-49E1-A257-CF2D9841D9CB.jpeg

Anybody know where this is?  The airport of some remote tourist destination where a bunch of Caddy limousines are being used to pick up passengers?  But is that Smokey the Bear on the sign on the right?  And what's with the big pile of rocks between the plane and the parking lot?  Very curious scene.

29 minutes ago, neil morse said:

Anybody know where this is?  The airport of some remote tourist destination where a bunch of Caddy limousines are being used to pick up passengers?  But is that Smokey the Bear on the sign on the right?  And what's with the big pile of rocks between the plane and the parking lot?  Very curious scene.

Pike's Peak, perhaps?

33 minutes ago, DShip said:

Pike's Peak, perhaps?

Funny you should say that.  There's a sign just above that little black wagon (is that a Borgward?) that I thought might say "Pike's Peak," but I couldn't make it out clearly, and I know nothing about Pike's Peak.  So there's an airport at the top?

I remember dad drove the family '56 Ford Fairlane up Pike's dirt road to the top (I was 7 at the time), but I don't remember seeing any airplane/airport.  The rocks remind me of the place, though. 

Edited by DShip (see edit history)

12 hours ago, neil morse said:

The 2 Cadillac limos in the foreground seem to have a pikes peak license plate topper and WOW look to the left behind the yellow pickup truck, its a UNICORN! Well even more rare it is a 1959 Cadillac Broadmoor Skyview Limo! Good chance this is the Colorado Springs, Colorado Airport. I know this is the Buick photo gallery but some great Cadillacs keep showing up.

59-Cadillac-Broadmoor-Skyview-DV-12-SJ-014.jpg

file.jpg

• Like 3

See the "Slovenian Hall, Hall for Rent" sign in the upper right hand corner?  It's a little hard to make out unless you know what you're looking for.  It's still there, after all these years.

https://www.google.com/maps/@37.7630889,-122.4050919,3a,75y,41.21h,92.61t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sAmftGZx1KXJ7LzbOkKfaCQ!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?hl=en

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1