Find the Buick

Elpad

7 hours ago, neil morse said:

Does that say "chops" or "chips?'  I can't quite make it out.  I thought it might be the second half of "Fish and Chips."

Marty, what do you make of the third car back on the left, right behind the Chevy that is very badly parked?  DeSoto Suburban, with the same great roof rack that was featured on the Chrysler Town and Country sedan?  It doesn't quite look long enough to be a Suburban, but that may be a distortion in the photo.

Also, what is the car six cars back on the left, with the fully skirted rear fenders?  I was thinking '48 Packard, but something doesn't quite look right about it.

Neil,

A tough read,  - thought it said "CHOPS", as in the old "Steaks & Chops",

but now that I look harder,

there is fish vertically on the sign, so Fish & CHIPS may be more likely.

The car with the roof rack looks to be a MoPar, and I thought DeSoto as well, but could be a standard wheelbase version.

The '48-'50Packard is a convertible, so that is why the roof line looks different.

Great job there, Eagle-Eye Neil

• Like 1

On 6/19/2020 at 2:16 PM, Elpad said:

B6A88918-BE03-4BC1-87E3-5C18644C952C.jpeg

Man, when I worked in the fields, I never wore khakis and sport shirts.  Big time sunburn and headache coming  with no hat and short sleeves. 

The best I got was a jug of water at 4:00 "faspa" along with a sandwich and a piece of watermelon from the back of an old pickup truck.  No cute girl in a convertible being driven into the field.

Are they advertising New Holland, Buick, or Coca Cola?

14 minutes ago, RivNut said:

Man, when I worked in the fields, I never wore khakis and sport shirts.  Big time sunburn and headache coming  with no hat and short sleeves. 

The best I got was a jug of water at 4:00 "faspa" along with a sandwich and a piece of watermelon from the back of an old pickup truck.  No cute girl in a convertible being driven into the field.

Are they advertising New Holland, Buick, or Coca Cola?

Yes. Zeke

6 hours ago, Elpad said:

3107D050-45F5-44A4-8D36-DF29869ECD7E.jpeg

A great shot of the cable car turn-around at Powell and Market in my home town.  I love the fact that the lady in the gray coat is already boarding the car, even though it has just barely made the turn to reverse direction and start up Powell Street.