Help identify this axle/wheel please

Another one of those vehicles one is only likely to encounter in the U.K. or Australia/ NZ.  Even here in Canada if they were sold at all it would have been in handful numbers.  Has to be of interest to someone other than a trailer owner.

Greg in Canada

1 hour ago, Craig Gillingham said:

1920´s Armstrong-Siddeley.

G'ham, (please pardon my assumption of familiarity), you are an absolute genius! I have become ever more impressed with your skills. It seems the most obscure component ranging all the way back to the explosion of industry and capitalism in The Empire, since, say, the brief reign of HRH George IV, cannot escape your astute eye!  Happy birthday this weekend.!! I hope you are able to accumulate some good distance motoring this Spring.    -   Carl 

• Like 2

Apparently that model of Armstrong-Siddeley - the 14hp - was one of their less successful.

There are a couple of photos which have appeared on various pages and comments have suggested such.

Image may contain: outdoor

One that had been cut down to a truck in vehicle starved New Zealand. The rear axle can be seen over to the left.

18836868_10213174023647075_4154761851977643357_o[1] - Copy.jpg

Carl, thank you for the kind words. The only reason I knew was that I found a couple of rolling chassis once and didn't know what they were, so I had to find out. I haven't seen many 1920's A-S's in Australia, only a couple that I can think of, although undoubtdly there will be others.

14 hours ago, nzcarnerd said:

Apparently that model of Armstrong-Siddeley - the 14hp - was one of their less successful.

There are a couple of photos which have appeared on various pages and comments have suggested such.

Image may contain: outdoor

One that had been cut down to a truck in vehicle starved New Zealand. The rear axle can be seen over to the left.

18836868_10213174023647075_4154761851977643357_o[1] - Copy.jpg

Looks like you are about 70 years too late to sell that fellow the rear end under that trailer. Dandy Dave!