Paul Schjetne

1916 Continental 303 engine help

Hello, i am doing a service on a 1916 Continental engine for a customer. This is a 303cid inline 6.  I got the engine dismantled and now we are trying to figure out oil routing in front of engine. I have heard that there is a regulator/restrictor for reducing oil to front camshaft bearing and intermediate shaft bearing. Anyone have schematics or experience with this engine? In picture i have pointed oil supply line coming into front of engine and small oil reservoir feeding Camshaft and IMS. 

Paul 

1916 Continental.jpg

Cont'l  made numerous engines over the years, and you might get better replies posting the engine ID; there should be a tag on it, often half hidden behind accessories...

Cont'l was also very good at public relations, getting technical articles on new engines in the trade journals; Googling the engine ID and year may turn some up on yours, often helpful with unfamiliar engines....

Since he's not posted any additional info since October I assume he's solved his problem...

A 1917 ring catalog lists twenty  Cont;l 6s in 5 different bores, and that's probably not a complete list......