mercer09

wtd model A ford Vicki-original and roadster as well

going to dismiss the wanting of a roadster and focus on the vicki

this way, I now know a roadster will mysteriously appear over the next month.............

two cabs are close enough and I also have an original rpu.

time to get warm!

well, found an unrestored A400 that would have fit the bill, on Mafca, but fella wants too much and is none negotiable.

I haven't seen anything original lately.  Did see what seemed like a decently priced Vicky but After a close look it had been restored and was starting to fail. 

I have a  1935 Buick “Vicky”.   I bought it last August.    I have liked the design of them and have looked around for one for 4 or 5 years.   Mine is a  Buick series 50 model.    Last of Buick’s mechanical brake cars but it had vacuum assisted brakes.  Power Brakes - ? back then ?  So much for modern technology innovation,  re-invented.  Also, last of the Buick wood framed cars - 1936 were all steel.   I understand the fustration on trying to find a  “Vicky” version.  If found, the owners have  them, made them pretty so they want big bucks and scarcity does not help.   The two door sedans come as close as you can get to the “Vicky” design.   My guess is that the car makers, added a few upgrades to the base model,  which is what Buick did to make it nicer.  Chromed items, changes to the instrumen panel,  exterior horn’s, things like that. 

yes Jim, just sold a nice 31 tudor because I didnt want it- only a vicki. As you get older in life, you can settle or just wait for what you want.

Ill wait................ lol!

ps did find one in Hemmings, but too much $ for what it is and all the way out west.

Well here is an A400 that fits the bill but priced accordingly. 

https://boston.craigslist.org/nos/cto/d/yarmouth-1931-model-ford-a400/6794827591.html

1931 Model A Convertible Sedan also known as A400 or 400A. This is one of the rarest and most sought after Model A ford models. Named after 1930's high society 400 club, the A400 was Fords attempt to capturing some of the high end market. It is debatable how successful this attempt was, but it is not debatable that the A400 holds that position now amoung Model A owners. This example is an un-restored "barn find" that has not been on the road for over forty years. No attempt has been made to start the car or make it road worthy. This has the potential to be driven as is, an example of what a eighty eight year old car would look like; or restore it to the highest level. Not often found in this condition, it is an opportunity to purchase at the low price of $22,500.

00909_lUkfBmmwotV_600x450.jpg

Auburn,

that is the one I mentioned earlier. Guy is stuck at 22k. he just bought it out of Cali and was looking for a quick flip.

no takers............  I made an offer that wasnt even considered. but yes, exactly what I want.

Too bad you weren't first in line and got it before him.  Tell him that's a standing offer until you find something else but you and your "friends " are really beating  the bushes for something.  You never know when that phone may ring.

I know even cars I have sold had a firm price that at some point even got reduced as time went on and other shiny things on a string were dangled in front of me. 

problem is, he is already on the Barn talking about redoing everything. I dont want it once it comes apart, which may have already occurred.

I would have paid 18k btw, which I think was very fair.

oh well, on to the next.................

so now I am leaning towards buying an older restoration and "distressing" it. I think it might be easier and less work in the long run.

I did the same with my 07 Maxwell DR and it looks like the paint is from 100 yrs ago. Has fooled most who have seen it.

I am open- in the 10-13k range should do it. did see a roadster for 13k recently and might go that route.

I will end up with a car that is far more solid- not needing woodwork and pretty much ready to go.

Headed out on vacation this Sat till end of month, and then will deal with it when I get home.

selling off the projects and upgrading to running, driving cars.

Life is too short to ONLY play with rust..............lol!

• Like 1