Sign in to follow this  
padgett

1990 Reatta Convertible for sale

See here for details and pictures

Your Contact information (Phone/Email/Private Message/???): __ppr@6007.us_____
 Asking Price: $_6750.00_______ Willing to take trade? (Y/N): Consider XLR__
Year: __1990 Body Type: Coupe: ____ Conv: __X__   VIN: __1G4EC33C4LB908220_(Recommended)
Vehicle Location: (if applicable) _______Orlando, Florida_____________________
Mileage:__109.2K ________ (Highly recommended) Mileage considered correct? (Y/N): _Y____
I have owned this Reatta for: __9___ Years and/or _11.5____ Months.
I am the __Think 3rd____ owner of this Reatta.
Title Status: Clear__X - Florida__ Salvage ____ Other ______________________ (Explain)
Any Accident History? (Y/N) _N__ - If Y please explain: _______________________
Exterior Color: ____White___________     Interior Color: __Blue______________
Paint Original? (Y/N): _N___ Paint Condition? (Excellent/Good/Fair/Poor): ___Respray 2010- Excellent___
Belt & Bumper Molding Color: (Black/Body Color): ___Black____________
Body Dents: (Y/N): _N___ - If Y please explain: __________________
Body Rust: (Y/N): _Once___ - If Y please explain in detail: _Spent three days with wire brush and rustoleum cleaning underside_________________
Windshield Chipped or Cracked? (Y/N) _N___ - If Y explain to what extent: _______________________
Vent Glass Intact? (Y/N): __Y__ - If N please describe: _________________________
Rubber surround molding for windshield condition? (Excellent/Good/Fair/Poor): __Excellent_____
Rubber molding for coupe rear window condition: (Excellent/Good/Fair/Poor) __N/A_______________
Out Side Mirrors Intact? (Y/N): __Y__ Headlight Motors Function Correctly? (Y/N): _Y___
Tail Light Lens: (Clear/Cloudy/Cracked): Mildly Cloudy______________
(Convertible only)
Convertible Top Material (Vinyl – Cloth – N/A): _Cloth_________  Convertible Top Color? _Blue_________
Convertible Top Condition? (Excellent/Good/Fair/Poor): ___Excellent____________
Please describe any flaws or problems with the convertible top: _____None__________

16 Way Seats? (Y/N): _y___ - Working? (Y/N): __y__ - Suede Bolsters? (88 only) (Y/N): ____
Seat Condition? (Excellent/Good/Fair/Poor): __Excellent for age_____________
Interior Original? (Y/N): _16-ways added___ 
Drivers interior door panel condition? (Excellent/Good/Fair/Poor): _Excellent______________
Passengers interior door panel condition? (Excellent/Good/Fair/Poor): __Excellent_____________
Center console top armrest condition? (Excellent/Good/Fair/Poor): ___Excellent____________
Door weather stripping condition? (Excellent/Good/Fair/Poor): ___Excellent____________
Headliner Condition? (Excellent/Good/Fair/Poor): ___N/A____________
Carpet Condition? (Excellent/Good/Fair/Poor): __Good_____________
Original Floor Mats? (Y/N): _Y___ - Condition: (Excellent/Good/Fair/Poor): __Fair_____________
Condition of Steering Wheel Leather: (Excellent/Good/Fair/Poor): ____Excellent__________
Sun Roof? (Y/N): _N/A___ - Works? (Y/N): ____
Functional Keyless Entry? (Y/N): __Y__ - Both Remotes? (Y/N): __2__
Problems with Electronic Dash items? (Y/N): __N__ - If Y describe problems: _______________
Power Windows Work Correctly? (Y/N): _Y___ Power Seats Work Correctly? (Y/N): __Y__
Power Door Locks Work Correctly? (Y/N): _Y___ Power Antenna Work Correctly? (Y/N): _Y___
Original Sound System? (Y/N): _N but have original_Factory CD Player? (90-91 only) (Y/N): Y
Aftermarket Sound System Equipment? (Y/N): _Y___ - If Y describe: _Clarion 702 with Bluetooth________________
Sound System Fully Functional? (Y/N): _Y___ - If N please describe: ___________________
A/C Functional? (Y/N): _Y___ - If N describe problem: _________________________
Has the A/C been converted from R12 to R134A? (Y/N): _Y___
Does the suspension require any attention? (Y/N): __N__ - If Y describe what is needed: ______________
Tire Brand: ___BFG_ Remaining Tread: _95%_____ Are All Tires Matched? (Y/N): __Y__
Factory Wheels? (Y/N):  Factory yes, Buick No____ - If N describe the non stock wheel: GM 16x7 crosslaced
Factory Wheel Center Caps Condition (Excellent/Good/Fair/Poor): _N/A______________
Missing Caps? (Y/N): N/A____ - If Y number missing: ____
Any Brake Components Replaced? (Y/N): N____ 
If Brake Components were replaced describe: (part(s) replaced and when:  Accumulator 2010
Last Time Brake System Was Flushed: (Date flushed/Don't know): _10/12/2015______________
Original Engine? (Y/N): ____ - If N date replaced: ______ - How many miles on replacement? ______
Original Engine Rebuilt? (Y/N): __N__ - If Y when and how many miles ago? __________
Does Engine require attention? (Y/N): _N__ - If Y what needs to be done: ____________________
When was last tune up? ___2 years   How often do you change the oil? 1 year or 3,000 miles Mobil 1________
Does the engine, cooling system, power steering, or brake system leak any fluids? (Y/N): __n__ 
Describe in detail what is leaking, to what extent: ____________________
Original Transmission? (Y/N):Think Original ____ - If N date replaced: ______ - Miles on replacement: _______
Original Transmission Rebuilt? (Y/N): ____ - If Y when and how many miles ago? ________
Does Transmission require attention? (Y/N): _n___ - If Y what needs to be done? _______________
When was last Transmission Service? __5 years_______
Any Transmission Leaks? (Y/N): N____ - If Y to what extent? ____________________
Have CV joints been replaced? (Y/N): _N___ - If Y when and how many miles ago? __________
How many receipts for this vehicle's service history? (all/most/some/none): some_______________
Explain any major work performed on this car: _none______________________________
Does the car have the owners manual portfolio? (Y/N): _Y___
(90/91 Reattas only)

The Portfolio contains the following:
*Craftsmen?s Log (Y/N): ____ *Tire gauge (Y/N): ____ *Flashlight (Y/N): ____ *Road Atlas (Y/N): ____
In General, What items need attention on this Reatta? ___Nothing_________________________________________
My Reatta Drives: (Excellent/Good/Fair/Poor): ____Excellent___________
Other comments about this Reatta: _Maintained fanatically______________________________________________

90vertgold.jpg

blutop3.jpg

dash2.jpg

Edited by padgett
Temporarily lower price (see edit history)

No response so would appreciate advice. Is price too high ? If so what would it sell for ? May just decide to keep it and take to shows.

I think the price is fair, however it is the end of the year for most of the country. Also you are "selling to the choir" so it might be a slower sell. Looks like a great car.

Appreciate it. Should mention that with the end of 90F/90% summer, convertible weather is back. May take to the Turkey Rod Run in Daytona and see what happens.

I think you are priced in the ballpark and you have a great looking car but you are facing what all of us Reatta owners are facing when trying to sell. Although our cars are ~30 years old they don't fit in with the antique car crowd, and even though we have great looking cars, they don't fit in with any of the sports car, muscle car or exotic car groups.  The bottom line is our cars are so unique they don't fit the mold of what most buyers are looking for.

It takes a special buyer to want a Reatta. If you live where there are a lot of other Reattas it might be a different story but around here the Reatta is a rare bird..

I agree with Ronnie. Your price is reasonable but it does take a different type of buyer for a Reatta. I’ve seen that very few people know what they are by the amount of “what’s that” I get. There’s a few cars by me that have been on and off Craigslist for at least six months now so I don’t think it’s too uncommon to wait a while. There are a few other 90verts for sale on Craigslist in Florida, I know the Maui blue one has been on for a couple months. 

Thank you. Just have too many cars and two convertibles worth about the same. Other is a very nice '01 SLK320 with 70k miles in a medium Blue with a number of updates (Bluetooth, projector headlamps, Windrestrictor, sheepskin). Have decided to sell one but both are keepable so will sell the firstthat someone shows up with cash and keep the other.

newnose300.jpg

newside.jpg

Have seen multiple very nice examples with less miles sell recently for between $4500-$5500, yours is a well sorted out one as we know from the forum, but buyers see the lower mileage ones and go for those.  Wheels are also something that can either attract a buyer or turn a buyer off, depends if they are looking for stock and if not, if they like the style you have.   Oddly, I have seen less love for blue interior on the white convertibles.  There is also a good supply of nice convertibles on the market so you just need to find that person that likes what you have done to yours.  BTW, the navy top looks great.  

Have looked at others and most either have a failed AC or need a top. Have decided to drop the price to $6750 and if it does not sell for that will just keep it and clean out the garage.

ps I do have an original set of wheels and caps but have always thought they were too small for the car.

Posted (edited)

January only. First $5750. I need the space.

Have original wheels and caps.

Edited by padgett (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

OK so maybe you don't like the Snowflakes so have put on some 17" Minilite Clones. Have on CL for $5900 but will take $5750 from forum member. Still 109K miles, not driving much. Springtime & DST is nigh.

Cold AC, AGM, Hartz top with rear heated glass.

newwheels1.jpg

Have to agree, preferred the snowflakes but maybe to sell it put the originals back on

im not saying go out and buy new wheels for it.im saying chrome wheels look best on white cars.most people buy new wheels for their new car anyway.

Well the first to show up with cash can have their choice of wheels/tires. It is easy to swap.

I would put the original Reatta rims and tires on your Reatta for sale.  They go with the car either way, as I understand.  Many of us have non OEM wheelsets and Ronnie's are the best looking IMO. But - when I do aggressive market searches for Reattas I always look for original Reatta wheels on the car.  I don't know, but wouldn't one of your potential buyers be a snowbird who maybe doesn't want to spend $20,000 on a 'fun' convertible while in Florida? 

I had my 1990 Driftwood convertible for sale for $4000 to $4500 with no interest.  It has 110,000 miles and a lot of work already done to it. Therefore, for me, I am likely going to keep driving and enjoying it another season and drop the price to $3700 next fall.  I love driving my car in the fall, best time in Iowa to drive top down.  I also am not putting many miles on the car, maybe 500 a year. 

Posted (edited)

Would except the stock wheels have not had tires on them for at least a decade. Now if someone wanted make a deposit &  buy that way I could arranger for a set of decent 215x65x15s but do not have at moment.

ps have the silver Enkies shown on my blue coupe in the sig but those Michelins are from the early years of the millenia.

enk2.jpg