RED FIELD SOUTH 2019

Steve Moskowitz

FROM THE HERSHEY REGION:

We’ve been told Red Field South will only be impacted for 2019.  Construction equipment will be staged in that field for the HE & R expansion.

As of now, this is the plan:

The row closest to the Stadium will be allowed to stay in place.

We met with the vendors Friday afternoon, and asked them to prioritize which field they would like to be placed in during 2019.

We will be placing as many vendors as possible that currently have 2 back to back in the Tram Way which will not have the big campers next year.

Other vendors will need to be placed at various locations on the fields for 2019.  If they want, in 2020 they can remain at the new location or asked to be relocated to the Red Field South.

Steve, so it is only the rows between Hershey Park Drive and the stadium that will be affected? Maybe a photo of a map of the red field showing the area that will be closed off would be a good idea. Sorry to have missed you at the meet. I'll call you to get the package later in the week. Thanks for another great Fall Meet..........since 1971 every one has been a joy............Ed

• Like 1

Red field SOUTH !!!!  It is the area BEHIND the stadium where the speed parts are mostly located.  it is NOT all the way to Hershey park drive.  If you know where the Stewart's Root Beer vendor is that is the area it starts.  Ed, I am about ready for a stretcher right now so getting this info is the best I can do for awhile. Caught a nasty cold on top of the exhaustion!

• Like 1

Thanks Steve. Sorry to hear you under the weather, hope you recover quickly. Stop down and visit, it’s in the high 80’s here and very pleasant! I’ll look around to see if ai can find you an Oldsmobile to drive!?

Guys when you have a nose the size of mine and catch a sins cold it is hell!  I sure did not need that this week...still working though as there is so much to do after the fall meet and our capital campaign is well under way for the new building.  Plus we finalized a MAJOR announcement yesterday and just waiting for government approval to announce it.  VERY excited for AACA.

• 2 weeks later...

As a Hershey shopper I feel bad for the affected Red Field South vendors, a must hit area for Race Cars, Speed Equipment and Model T & A Ford parts. That area has always had the feel of Hershey 20-30 years ago, a unique part of the Swap Meet. I hope the 2019 move goes well, sure hope Race Car Row can find a new location for all those vendors. Bob 

• 10 months later...

ALERT ---- More than just the Red Field South is impacted....

I am usually in. R C C 96 - 98 at the very corner of the West side of the 

Stadium -- looking straight ahead at Chocolate World....

Our spots were impacted --- 

Such that if you are looking for me in R C C 96 - 98 ,

Craig. Mobile Parts -- with all the phenomenal NEW and N.O.S. parts --

I will be 25 spots to the left, in the same aisle --- R C C 74 - 76.....

All calls back in New York -- 516 - 485 - 1935 ------ or, while at Hershey,

My cell phone is. 516 - 458 - 8451.....   Yours, Craig, see ya' there!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

We were moved from red to chocolate. Im a little confused. Our new spaces are close to the entrance used by the red field. The instructions are we have to go the whole way around the giant center and wait in line.

I have a trailer i have to get in my spots. The red field didnt have a line the gate opened at 7 and if you were there before you got turned away. 

When can you get in line for the chocolate field entrance.?