Sign in to follow this  
RICHELIEUMOTORCAR

30 Buick Marquette Roadster for sale and 2 door coach parts car included.

Hi guys. I have a 1930, one year only, some say 1929, Marquette rumble seat roadster which is now available. The car has been sitting for 70+ years, it's rough but it's rare as hen's teeth. I will include another Marquette 2 door coach parts car in the deal. Asking 10k for both cars.

Marquettes are available. I can have them out and ready to be loaded before winter sets in. The roadster is a very rare bird and the 2 door coach is a sidemount car. 10k for both cars. Find two Marquettes for a lower price? Not likely.

A guy should be able to build a decent roadster with sidemounts out of all those parts.  A Buick guy shouldn't be able to resist that.  If that was  Auburn, I would be camped outside your door !

8 minutes ago, papafarms said:

Are you planning of posting any pics, thank you

Yes I will. I should have some in my computer, if I can't find them, I will go take some more. Thank you.

Here are a few of the roadster. Rough but as rare as they come....I am still looking for photos I took of the 2 door coach parts car. It's a sidemount car but it makes the roadster look like a showcar. 😄

IMG_2430.JPG

IMG_2431.JPG

IMG_2437.JPG

Seems one sold recently at The fall Auburn meet.  Must not have been any Buick guys in the crowd. 

This is what one looks like all done up if anyone can't quite see what you could restore it back to. 

1930 Buick Marquette Roadster

Inclusive of applicable buyer's fee.

RM | Auctions - AUBURN FALL 2018

Unknown.jpeg

Wow ! I doubt you could restore a roughish one that cheap even in India. The auction results make for very interesting reading. A very nice looking 1920 Buick 6 Cyl. roadster for just over $14,000.00.

Any of us restoring a 1920's / early 1930's bread and butter car should have a good look at this window into the current state of the market.

Greg in Canada

Edited by 1912Staver (see edit history)
  • Like 2

I hear ya. I think that Marquette brought around 30k after all said and done with fees. It was a nice driver although with several original hard to find items missing. Nice car, however, not a showcar. My 10k asking price for both Marquettes is a fair starting number and of course, I will take less as long as I am assured the car will be saved. That is important to us.

Regrettably, for these rare but very rough cars, if a keen restorer gets one for $0.00, they are still likely to lose money on trying a resale when restored. If you are serious about wanting to see the car saved and made mobile again, find a dedicated Buick/Marquette person and offer it for free (or for a token amount such as $1000) provided you get a right of first refusal to re-take possession if he/she should decide not to proceed with a rebuild within 5 years. Just my 2 cents worth. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gunsmoke said:

Regrettably, for these rare but very rough cars, if a keen restorer gets one for $0.00, they are still likely to lose money on trying a resale when restored. If you are serious about wanting to see the car saved and made mobile again, find a dedicated Buick/Marquette person and offer it for free (or for a token amount such as $1000) provided you get a right of first refusal to re-take possession if he/she should decide not to proceed with a rebuild within 5 years. Just my 2 cents worth. 

Offer the cars🙄 for free? Really and I am expected to just take all that time off of work, perhaps a month just to get a car out, busting my butt and give it away? I have to now work for nothing? Do you work for nothing? Don't know about you but I have a family to take care of. Some of you just don't seem to understand the amount of hard labor and time that is involved just getting the cars out and down to the main drive, which by the way is over a mile away and also overgrown with woods from where the main building is, so they can easily be picked up. Would you give away something that say, your grandparents saved for 80 years to someone outside of your family and would you also put in hard labor as well to do that? No, you would not. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I think Gunsmoke is just pointing out that here are very few people - even on this forum - who could undertake a restoration of this car, or who would want to, given that they would be deep in a hole financially when (if ever) they finished it.  You are going to have to find a Marquette enthusiast - few and far between - with either the hands on ability, or the deep pockets to restore this car.  Hard  enough, but add a ten grand starting fee and you’re in never never land.  He is stating the truth, either you want to sell it or save it.  No one is going to promise, with any certainty, that they will “save” the car.  In most cases, the buyer will probably store it in his garage/shed, look at it affectionately and dream about a restoration that will never happen.  Then they - or their heirs - will flip it.  They are your cars to do with what you will, but if saving them is your number one priority, better storage should have been a major consideration.  Congrats on keeping them all these years, but face it, as you yourself have stated,  most of them are rough and a mess.

• Like 1

Put them on a street rod site and get them sold. I'm sure this upset someone , but who really cares? If you read between the lines, the seller is saying ...."Hey come take a look and make me a offer" I've sold a lot of cars that need complete restoration and I don't believe I've ever sold one to one of the armchair quarterbacks that sit on there ass all day at a keyboard chopping at almost every post like a butcher with a clever!  I really don't get it what enjoyment these responders get out of knocking  almost every post they read.  I sold a scarce  Franklin Town sedan  that I dragged out of a barn in Ohio that all the self proclaimed experts said was beyond restoration , to far gone to fix and all that BS. I put the car on EBAY at no reserve and guess what?, It had 10 bidders and went overseas to a guy that as thrilled to get it! I think the price was around $6500. I was happy and he was happy and all the armchair quarterbacks sat there rubbing their heads wondering what they didn't see.... 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, mikewest said:

Put them on a street rod site and get them sold. I'm sure this upset someone , but who really cares? If you read between the lines, the seller is saying ...."Hey come take a look and make me a offer" I've sold a lot of cars that need complete restoration and I don't believe I've ever sold one to one of the armchair quarterbacks that sit on there ass all day at a keyboard chopping at almost every post like a butcher with a clever!  I really don't get it what enjoyment these responders get out of knocking  almost every post they read.  I sold a scarce  Franklin Town sedan  that I dragged out of a barn in Ohio that all the self proclaimed experts said was beyond restoration , to far gone to fix and all that BS. I put the car on EBAY at no reserve and guess what?, It had 10 bidders and went overseas to a guy that as thrilled to get it! I think the price was around $6500. I was happy and he was happy and all the armchair quarterbacks sat there rubbing their heads wondering what they didn't see.... 

Well they say there is a sucker born every day.  Maybe your numbers just came in.  Today the same car may not sell for more than the worth of a few parts.  Right place right time.  I've had a similar experience,  but don't count on it happening,  think of it as a blessing when it does. 

I do know one thing i have seen lately with the rat rod craze is the project car prices have really come down,  where before any rusted out model a Coupe shell dragged out of the woods would be sold for 5G,  now I have seen some actually pretty decent bodies with minimal rust sitting on the market at 3 grand. 

I think those guys are starting to realize that alot of those rat rods when they decide to really build them right aren't as cheap to build because all those junk yard parts really need to be rebuilt to make a reliable safe car.  Many guys also have realized that their creations aren't as easy to sell and they lose money just like restorers when they go to sell them. 

Sure some of them look cool,  but find one of those guys that think looks cool, equivilates to parting with 10 to 20 grand and that's a whole lot different. 

Edited by auburnseeker (see edit history)
  • Like 3

We are wandering off, the cars are for sale and the seller is entitled to ask his price.  Certainly the potential buyer pool and the seller will establish a selling price assuming that deal can be achieved.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, Mike, for letting all us armchair idiots know what a bunch of losers we are.  Glad you took the time to breeze in and admonish all of us, as you apparently don’t sit in front of your keyboard ready to tear into posts “like a butcher with a clever” like the rest of us.  This must have been a one time occurrence when you happened to do exactly what you’re criticizing the rest of us for doing.  Nice to have someone with your acumen in all things automotive set the forum straight.

• Haha 1

My intentions were not to upset anyone. The point I as trying to make is this guy has a once in a lifetime hoard of very interesting prewar cars and we are all lucky to see them in where they have set 6 0r 7 decades. We wants to sell them, is putting a asking price on them and is inviting offers. Im sure some of these cars can be bought for much less than the posted price.

What I don't see is to publically beat him with a ugly stick  for his offerings. I look at cars on line everyday and a lot of them I think to my self "Good luck" or "He is nuts" but I don't jump on the machine and beat him publically.. I just forget.. Im sure Im wrong and your ideas are right. Just my opinion.... Have a great day . Mike

• Like 4